Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Dead ventilation

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Dead ventilation
Ming
¯
Member # 2336

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ming  Ford pictures for Ming    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys,

So awhile back (during winter when the risk of heatstroke wasn't as ... existent), I left my lights on overnight and the battery died. Thing is when I had it jumped and charged up again, turned out my ventilation wouldn't work through the panel anymore. It is perpetually stuck to vent out the windshield defogger whether I have it on panel, vent, AC, mixed, floor, you name it.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with this.

Thanks,
Ming
95 Mustang GT

--------------------
'95 GT
And she pings like a Chinese sports channel without the pong.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure on your `95, but on a fox the vent controls are done via vacume.

check the vacume going into the hvac box at the firewall, then check the vacume to the solenoid that operates the flapper door up in the dash, you may need to take your center console apart so you can trace the vacume hose behind the hvac control knob.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lm having the same issue with my 95GT as well. Previous owner disconnected the AC and i dont know if that had ne thing to do put mine is stuck on defrost as well....seein that my ignition jus failed and the car sits its no prob, but i do wanna fix it.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

1bdpone
¯
Member # 6708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1bdpone  Ford pictures for 1bdpone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check for a vacuum leak. The air will default to defrost when it has no vacuum.
Posts: 182 | From: Tri Valley | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
CLEEN 50
CAFords OG
Member # 5867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CLEEN 50  Ford pictures for CLEEN 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had that problem but it went away by itself and never came back. wierd

--------------------
91 GT
(cafords reg date: 6/02)

Posts: 2534 | From: Peninsula | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Ming
¯
Member # 2336

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Ming  Ford pictures for Ming    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all the feedback guys, it's been fixed.

Chiltons was pretty useless, so I just took apart the panel, traced the vacuum 'wiring' from the control panel to the reservoir (which is behind the glove), and then found where that fed through the firewall to the engine. Looked in that region and found the culprit to be that the vac. line from the vacuum distributor had snapped from old age and osteoperosis.

Seeing as how it's middle of saturday night, I smeared it with a bit of glue, shoved it back in, and glued the surrounding area too. Had a good chunk of dirt fly into my eyes from the panel after so long of disuse, but all's good now.

Thanks all,
Ming

--------------------
'95 GT
And she pings like a Chinese sports channel without the pong.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com