Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » gear ratio question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: gear ratio question
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if i have 373's and im pullin a 13.8 best and i want to move up to 430's whats my average and best gonna be with a 1.8-2.0 to 60ft?

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What were Your 60 ft and trap speed on the 13.8 run?

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

mf150
¯
Member # 6526

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mf150  Ford pictures for mf150  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
depends on whether or not you have traction w/ 4.30s.

you will want to upgrade axles and differential when switching teh gears...stock axles don't really hold up to well with sticky tires.

I'm running 4.30s w/ 31 spline moser axles and an eaton posi...you can run tires as sticky as you want...the stickier the better.

meaning...tires, LCAs, and uppers help a lot.
weld your torque boxes and get SFCs.

get fox 4 cylinder springs and v8 rears and some adjustable shocks/struts...

btw, you have an auto or stick?

[ March 03, 2006, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: mf150 ]

Posts: 72 | From: The Bay Area | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
BLK35th
CAFords OG
Member # 4685

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK35th  Ford pictures for BLK35th    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i didnt have that good of a 0-60 ft last time but this time i have hope because i got rid of my stock control arms and im hoping atleast a 2.0-2.3 and my speed was 101.3

--------------------
hahahahaha

Posts: 1412 | From: 650-408-510-415 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5 speed? hardtop or convertable? do u have any other mods, and what kind of tires are u running, i suggest before u put 4.30's u should think about working on your launching, cause 4.30's is just going to make it worse if u dont know how to launch. For my example i have a 00 gt with minor bolt ons and 3.73's and so far my best 60's have been 1.9 and that was a 13.5 run at 100 mph, but my car is acting up cause i lost 3 mph on the 1/4.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com