Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » who can fix this (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: who can fix this
stangnut
¯
Member # 5937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangnut  Ford pictures for stangnut    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
please help me .i can't figure this thing out ! just need a good place i can take this to!any ideas.an not someone that say's change this an that.its my 5.0.
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what do u need?

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
two-gun kid2
¯
Member # 5891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid2  Ford pictures for two-gun kid2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats a very descriptive post [Big Grin]
Posts: 5566 | From: Hayward,Ca | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to answer your question, he can fix it

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Take it to Jiffy Lube
BlownNOSMustang
¯
Member # 158

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlownNOSMustang  Ford pictures for BlownNOSMustang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dump your exsisting computer. And get one with all the keys on the keyboard. That would be a start.

--------------------
1993 Hatch,363 CI,670 RWHP

Posts: 238 | From: Cow Town,USA. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
his car is being funny it has a 306 trick flow heads 24 lb injectors smallest trick flow cam rpm manifold and the car back fires and loads up but its no timing or anything like that it seems as if the car stops pulling at 3500 everything and i mean everything is new no plugged cats or anything we got the timing adjusted and fuel pressure is great and he also is using an a9 computer with the correct 24lb mass air the other day jus for the hell of it we put a 19lb mass air on for jus a few minutes didnt want to lean it out , but the car ran fucking great and the air fuel ratio meter was dead on while driving itnever ran lean but we only ran it for a few minutes due to the fact we were not sure if we were gonna harm anything! so hes asking who does everyone reccomend to take it too? they're definently gonna have to be a 5 liter guru! thanx
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh and btw we have adjusted fuel pressure low to the point where it wouldnt even run and from there on up to the point where its so rich ur eyes water the same problem is still there!
Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
stangnut
¯
Member # 5937

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangnut  Ford pictures for stangnut    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't take this as offensive or anything like that.but i didn't post what was wrong.cause i'm not trin to listen to everyone's option of whats wrong with it.i been on here for a afull long time an to no avail.john b been helpin me with it.but also to no avail.he's like i don't know whats wromg with it .an i can't get him to actually keep the car to spend some time on it.i think he know's it gonna give him a head ache an so he push's me aside proably for easier money can't say i blame him on this account!no offence to him he has tried an made a effort an i trust him with my car completly, but he won't fix it or can't fix it.so here i am askin for advise to number's or place's FOR A PROFESSIONAL SHOP THAT WILL TAKE MY CAR AN FIX IT OR GIVE ME SOME REAL ANSWERS CAUSE THEY HAD TOOK A LOOK AT CAR THEMSELVES.GOT CASH! I ALREADY SPENT 1500 IN PARTS NOT INCLUDING TIME AN 50 PHONE CALLS TO JOHN B ,2 OTHER SHOPS WITH THEIR FEES ALSO NOT INCLUDED.GOTTA BE A MUSTANG GURU.NUMBERS AN ADDRESSES IS WHAT I NEED SOME LEADS TO A SHOP THAT CAN POSSIBLY HELP!THATS THE RETURN POSTS THAT I'M LOOKIN FOR!NOT JIFFY LUBE OR WHATEVER STUPID COMMENT'S I GOT EARLIER.stupid car !
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
his car is being funny it has a 306 trick flow heads 24 lb injectors smallest trick flow cam rpm manifold and the car back fires and loads up but its no timing or anything like that it seems as if the car stops pulling at 3500 everything and i mean everything is new no plugged cats or anything we got the timing adjusted and fuel pressure is great and he also is using an a9 computer with the correct 24lb mass air the other day jus for the hell of it we put a 19lb mass air on for jus a few minutes didnt want to lean it out , but the car ran fucking great and the air fuel ratio meter was dead on while driving itnever ran lean but we only ran it for a few minutes due to the fact we were not sure if we were gonna harm anything! so hes asking who does everyone reccomend to take it too? they're definently gonna have to be a 5 liter guru! thanx

you answered the the problem right there. if you put a 19lb MAF it should run richer not leaner. You have the wrong/bad MAF or wrong injectors.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
quote:

you answered the the problem right there. if you put a 19lb MAF it should run richer not leaner. You have the wrong/bad MAF or wrong injectors.
Bingo.

And if you drop it off at John's place and PAY him to fix it, it will be fixed instead of going for the free advice.

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like a bad maf. running a stock maf and 24lb injectors would make your car run rich. if you really wanted to fix the problem without spending money, the stock maf and 19lb injectors would be fine

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

stangnut
¯
Member # 5937

again no offence but its not a bad maf or bad injectors.i changed or replaced both with brand new.so try again.no infact just come with a number of some one that will take this issue off my hands.can i get a reference or number to some one that can actually take a look at this thing,instead of typing what u think it might be if u think u can fix it then give me a call or leave me a number.an we can do some bussiness.
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So you replaced both MAF and injectors? Have you tried someone else's computer?

Checked the PCV/EGR and 10-pins?

[Confused]

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did u try rodney?
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
his car is being funny it has a 306 trick flow heads 24 lb injectors smallest trick flow cam rpm manifold and the car back fires and loads up but its no timing or anything like that it seems as if the car stops pulling at 3500 everything and i mean everything is new no plugged cats or anything we got the timing adjusted and fuel pressure is great and he also is using an a9 computer with the correct 24lb mass air the other day jus for the hell of it we put a 19lb mass air on for jus a few minutes
didnt want to lean it out , but the car ran fucking great and the air fuel ratio meter was dead on while driving itnever ran lean but we only ran it for a few minutes due to the fact we were not sure if we were gonna harm anything! so hes asking who does everyone reccomend to take it too? they're definently gonna have to be a 5 liter guru! thanx

My 94 had problems like that. Ran 17 sec 1/4 mile. I just changed the Mass Air Sensor and ran 14.9. Just a thought

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
stangnut
¯
Member # 5937

changed pcv .disconnected all vacume brake booster even pcv all smog deleted.to no avail different commuter.all adds up to a car that sucks wee wee!somthin is makin the car run lean as hell.put a 19 mass air to cheat the commputer into rich mode and it works great! butt i got to cheat it so.why can't it be right!
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stangnut:
changed pcv .disconnected all vacume brake booster even pcv all smog deleted.to no avail different commuter.all adds up to a car that sucks wee wee!somthin is makin the car run lean as hell.put a 19 mass air to cheat the commputer into rich mode and it works great! butt i got to cheat it so.why can't it be right!

is it tuned? upgraded fuel pump
stangnut
¯
Member # 5937

upgraded fuel pump big lines the whole deal.never got it tuned .didn't think i needed to .i'm runnin a common set up that other peaple got without tuned.but i'll try anything now got a number to someone.
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

try jeffs virg is going there weds i think
stangnut
¯
Member # 5937

heard of the guy but aint got his number ill get virge. thanks ! who are u so i can tell u thanks personally?
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
redline automotive, in concord take it there really good people my dad knows him and takes his cobra there. they are for sure good with fords
1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

quote:
heard of the guy but aint got his number ill get virge. thanks ! who are u so i can tell u thanks personally?

its Travis
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
he's like i don't know whats wromg with it .an i can't get him to actually keep the car to spend some time on it.i think he know's it gonna give him a head ache an so he push's me aside proably for easier money can't say i blame him on this account!

That's right. It's been here what, 3-4 times? I think I charged you what, $40? Something like that? A ton of phone calls. Even more suggestions. I'm attempting to save you the trip up here with it. I'm glad you took it as I was pushing you off and "it's too big of a job for me". I've dealt with MUCH worse. I do this as a service for the board members and to pay for my car, THATS IT. It is a side job, not a business.

Once and for all, it is a MAF problem. I've stated this time and again. I've asked you if you have replaced items and the answer was yes, with other used items. Stock MAF sensors are cal'd to a particular computer. I beleive you said you replaced the sensor with a new one, was it the proper cal' for the type computer you have? The specific part number?

As for not helping you out, I think you are mistaken.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
johnson50
¯
Member # 4608

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnson50  Ford pictures for johnson50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had pretty much the same problem. bogging out, backfiring, and all that shit. i could not stand it. so i took it to california street machines and they found the problem. not mentioning how much money i spent trying to fix it but it ended up to being just a dirty MAF. thats it!!! so try cleaning out your MAF, its worth a try especialy before spending a shit load of money at some shop. [patriot]

--------------------
2003 10th anniv. cobra
2.3l gen2 Whipple
AED Tuned
HP/TQ: too much!

Posts: 256 | From: fairfield/suisun | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com