Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » gas light help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: gas light help
WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WayFastYTee  Ford pictures for WayFastYTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so i have asked this question before,but never really got a answer that might help me,so ill try it again.My gas light wont come on.none of those lights come on.my fuses are good,its plugged into the back of it where all the bulbs go,i checked the bulbs when i did my heater core,and looked ok,hard to tell there so small.i have owned the car for 7 years and it has never worked.the kid who had it before me had alot of stuff unplugged door charm etc etc.there are a few plugs unplugged by my drvrs side kick panel big and small.1 on the left side of the radio and 2 on the pass side of the radio,i think those 2 are for the orig wires for the radio?.and 1 other harness by the drivers side radio that is all cut.no end on it at all.i checked in the trunk making sure all the wires going dwn to the tank werent cut up or anything.noticed off the harness in the trunk there is 1 plug attached to the harneess that goes nowhere?..anyone have any ideas what it could be?or what i can check for,i just like to have all my stuff working properly.thanks whoever can help.

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

I think Putter has a Crush on me! Im flattered :X

Posts: 1029 | From: rohnert park | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WayFastYTee  Ford pictures for WayFastYTee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok i know there is bulbs in there.could i just replace 1 to see if thats teh prob?and how would i know what 1 is for the gas light?any ideas?...............i thik i found the prob bulbs are so damn small i couldnt really see well,but i looked harder and they appear to be no good [Smile] can i get these at kragens etc?or do i have to get them at ford?

[ February 02, 2006, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: WayFastYTee ]

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shine a flashlight throught the lense and it will light all the lights up and let you figure out which is which. Then replace the one bulb and see if it fixes it. If that doesnt do it, I have no idea

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

will pepboys kragens have these or is it a FORD item?I just called them but teh idiots there says he doesnt know

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just bring one in and try to match it up with a new one

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

replaced the bulb,still nada [Confused] wtf could it be?..lol.could it be my whole cluster itself?or the sheet that goes to the bulbs is bad?What is the anti-slosh module?.im looking thru Chiltons to see if it could be anything else.

[ February 02, 2006, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: WayFastYTee ]

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

Can i just replace the sheet that the bulbs snap into?and if so where would i get it at and is it hard to replace?i cant think of anything else that could be the problem,I knwo its not a big deal,but i like it when everything works.or would it be easier just gettin a new cluster with the sheets in it?.Can i put a test light on that sheet and see if its getting power?im stuck on what i can do [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

You tried a new bulb and nothing still? Might want to try a different cluster, the printed circuit on the back could be messed up not letting the lights get power. And all the fuses are good?

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

biggmatt
¯
Member # 1124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for biggmatt  Ford pictures for biggmatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mine arnt working either
WayFastYTee
Yes I'm Whipped!
Member # 6116

yep all fuses are good,i think its the same fuse as teh turn signals and my turn signals work fine.

--------------------
89 GT, Chica Ba Wow!!!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com