Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 66 stang fuel line

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 66 stang fuel line
86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone know if someone makes prebent 1/2" fuel line for 66 stangs?

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scott Drake carries them. Delta Bay Mustang in Brentwood is a dealer for Drake.

Scott Drake

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

Zay
¯
Member # 2553

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zay  Ford pictures for Zay    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can also call Vintage Mustangs at 805-547-0289....Got mine there...

--------------------
2002 F150 SuperCrew/90 Coupe/89 Saleen Convertible #243/66 Fastback "A" Code/65 Fastback "C" Code Restomod.

67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is no mustang shop that carries 1/2" line, pre-bent. 3/8 or 5/16 sure, but not 1/2".

If you want 1/2" you'll need to run it yourself, I did on my'67:
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2004/12/MoreOfGetInLine/index.php

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how do I install it? I cant get to the rest of the info on your guys page.

--------------------

67stang
¯
Member # 549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67stang  Ford pictures for 67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
buy a coil of 1/2" alum tubing from McMaster.com
unroll it and use clamps to secure it under the car.
use -AN hose and fittings to connect to components.

it's not a hard task, but takes planning... e.g. do you plan to have a 1/2" pickup from the tank? If not, 1/2" line doesn't help you.

why do you want 1/2" anyway?

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

I thought I would try doin what you guys did in "High on Carbs" except use a ATI supercharger. This 1/2" line will still work if Im usin a fuel cell, right?
67stang
¯
Member # 549

ok, yes a 1/2" line is neccesary if you are running boost. However as we pointed out in that article, you must have 1/2" from the tank to the pump, otherwise it is not going to help. This means you need to pull the stock pick-up unit and have someone braze/weld in a 1/2" tube + fitting.

It's a lot of work, but it will pay off. The articles I mentioned above show you how step by step./

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

what is the company u guys used to make ur carb? and did u guys ever find a better way to run the piping from the supercharger to the carb hat?

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com