Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Pi head swap and install

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Pi head swap and install
shakalaka916
¯
Member # 6057

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shakalaka916  Ford pictures for shakalaka916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There is someone selling some pi heads for very cheap with cams in them but missing some valve and rockers. How much would u guys think it would be to install them and put them together, there kinda bare. let me know and what is everything i need and how much and if anyone on here could do the install.

--------------------
1996 Red Gt-
K&N FIPK2
Bbk Off Road X-pipe
Slp loudmouth Exhaust

Posts: 88 | From: SaCtOwN 916 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
shakalaka916
¯
Member # 6057

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shakalaka916  Ford pictures for shakalaka916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt

--------------------
1996 Red Gt-
K&N FIPK2
Bbk Off Road X-pipe
Slp loudmouth Exhaust

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for the install...try JohnB...
I know theres a certain guy on here that did it to his old blue 97 gt... I wonder when he will chime in lol

[ October 29, 2005, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: 94gt ]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
shakalaka916
¯
Member # 6057

i hope so i heard with the pi head and matching pi intake u can get 40-60hp, and then was thinking of puttin in some comp cams and valve springs for some more ponys. Any info is helpful thanks.

[ October 29, 2005, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: shakalaka916 ]

--------------------
1996 Red Gt-
K&N FIPK2
Bbk Off Road X-pipe
Slp loudmouth Exhaust

BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
***chiming in*** [Big Grin]

i did it to my 97GT...i just used the stock pi cams tho didnt have the $$ for some comp cams. the gains were INSANE..a ton of power was added..after 3K rpms..it pulls soo much harder. well i also had 4.10s in the rear...so that helped a lot too. if you want to know what you will be needing jus PM me

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
tonster
¯
Member # 6093

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonster  Ford pictures for tonster    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Red00GT:
***chiming in*** [Big Grin]

i did it to my 97GT...i just used the stock pi cams tho didnt have the $$ for some comp cams. the gains were INSANE..a ton of power was added..after 3K rpms..it pulls soo much harder. well i also had 4.10s in the rear...so that helped a lot too. if you want to know what you will be needing jus PM me

did you use gaskets to when you attached the pi intake to the npi heads or did you go the rtv route?
BLK02GT
¯
Member # 5653

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BLK02GT  Ford pictures for BLK02GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i did the full pi swap.

the pi heads, cams, and intake. ditched the non pi stuff.

--------------------
2019 Ford Expedition Limited
2002 Ford Mustang GT

Originally Member #4241

Posts: 1247 | From: Tracy, ca | Registered: May 2005  |  :
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We installed some CNC ported PI heads & compcams in a customers 97GT. We had to notch pistons, but the motor picked up a ton of power.

Dyno before was 210RHWP
Dyno after w/JeffS tune was 284RWHP

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4265 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PI heads are definately the way to go for the 2V 4.6...

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

shakalaka916
¯
Member # 6057

And with the pi heads and intake, and maybe with some comp cams and use of the stock computer will i still pass smog????

--------------------
1996 Red Gt-
K&N FIPK2
Bbk Off Road X-pipe
Slp loudmouth Exhaust

Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell ya

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com