Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » help on smog

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help on smog
23boy5.0
¯
Member # 5511

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23boy5.0  Ford pictures for 23boy5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have an 87 mustang 5.0, i need to know what hoses need to be attached, what plugs need to be plugged and whatever else is needed to pass smog. all i have on my car is mac headers, i took all of my other parts off and now its near stock, but when i open the hood and the car is on i smell exhaust, and i know its not gonna pass smog like that, thanks
NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What have you taken out? If your motor is stock, you shouldn't need to connect any extra hoses or anything. If you smell exhaust under the hood you may have a header leak at the heads or at the H pipe.

--------------------
Bring It . . .

23boy5.0
¯
Member # 5511

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23boy5.0  Ford pictures for 23boy5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it is a stock engine, but not the original. all the hoses seem to be connected except the hose in the picture  -

[ October 26, 2005, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: 23boy5.0 ]

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that hose is for a/c only, absolutely nothing to do with smog

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that picture is kinda small but the hose appears to be the AC line. That does need to be connected to pass smog.

Make sure you fix your exhaust leak. Also, make sure you have CARB numbers for the intake and headers.

Also, looks like you have some sort of CAI or power pipe. You may have trouble w/ that if it doesn't have a CARB number.

[patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
23boy5.0
¯
Member # 5511

on the headers where would the carb number be?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mine are here:
 -

right on that welded on plate that says BBK is the carb #

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
shakalaka916
¯
Member # 6057

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for shakalaka916  Ford pictures for shakalaka916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u had them off you would be able to see it but when i smogged my ex 91 gt i had shortie mac headers and they were fine with it get the carb number from the mac website is it a smog or test only

--------------------
1996 Red Gt-
K&N FIPK2
Bbk Off Road X-pipe
Slp loudmouth Exhaust

Posts: 88 | From: SaCtOwN 916 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com