Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Where should my FP be set at?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Where should my FP be set at?
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is suggested? I'm running a 306 with a h/c/i/ setup and all bolt ons. 24 pound injectors and a 190 intank. Car doesn't NEED the 24's but I may toss aluminum heads etc at a later date. What are you guys finding as a good pressure setting?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

Slart
¯
Member # 5980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slart  Ford pictures for Slart    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Assuming you have an eec-iv and your car is able to go into closed loop (IE: it has O2s and the ECT sensor is operational), then it doesnt really matter because it will learn (during closed loop) around your FP change, and then apply what it learned even in open loop.

There is a little bit of disagreement on the eec-tuner boards about whether this is the case, but mike wesley explained to me personally that he knew for a fact that this is how it behaved, so I'll stand by that understanding.

Of course, if you change the fuel pressure so far that you reach the limit adaptive limit (+-25% I believe), that's a different story.

Anyhow, so my recommendation is 40 PSI.

Steve Sadler

[ September 02, 2005, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Slart ]

Posts: 15 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea yea 40 vac off
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have it at 36 vac off at the moment, I'll raise it to 38 this morning. Thanks for the input.

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Slart:
Assuming you have an eec-iv and your car is able to go into closed loop (IE: it has O2s and the ECT sensor is operational), then it doesnt really matter because it will learn (during closed loop) around your FP change, and then apply what it learned even in open loop.

There is a little bit of disagreement on the eec-tuner boards about whether this is the case, but mike wesley explained to me personally that he knew for a fact that this is how it behaved, so I'll stand by that understanding.

Of course, if you change the fuel pressure so far that you reach the limit adaptive limit (+-25% I believe), that's a different story.

Anyhow, so my recommendation is 40 PSI.

Steve Sadler

Well, that's fine unless you are at wide open throttle. You could be giving up a bunch of power if you are rich at WOT. Yes, the rest of the time the EEC will compensate. Guess you have never dyno-tuned a 5.0 EEC-IV w/ those kind of mods. You get the WOT right and then the EEC-IV will learn all the rest of the closed loop strategies.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WOT is open loop so the FP definately has an effect

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com