Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Which 17" Bullett wheels would work better on a FOX with SVO brake conversion??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Which 17" Bullett wheels would work better on a FOX with SVO brake conversion??
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OEM says 17x8 in the Summit ad, & AFS replicas come in 17x9. Which is a better chioce & what size tire can I run???

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock Bullits won't fit due to the longer hub on the rotor. You can't put the center cap on the wheel. OK-it does fit but looks ghetto w/out the center cap. It is the same disk brake rotor as the Lincoln Mk VII. Not sure about aftermarket wheels.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

PSYCHO50
¯
Member # 5165

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for PSYCHO50  Ford pictures for PSYCHO50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bullits do fit svo brake coversions.a friend of mine has svo conv. and has bullits but he used some wheels spacers so he could install the senter cap.funny thing on his car is that when u install spacers the wheels are or should stick out little,on his they didnt stick out.

--------------------
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF U WIN BY INCH OR A MILE WINNING IS WINNING!!!

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the svo are much longer than stock so i wouldnt recommend going with 9" wide wheels(5.95" backspacing) unless you dont mind the wheels sticking out a bit.
go with a 8" wide with 245 wide tires andyou'll be fine.
if it were up to me, i would go with the sn95 route with stock length axles so you can go with any wheel u want without having issues with dust cap clearance.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Stock 94-97 Cobra wheels will bolt on and the centercaps will fit just fine. At 8" wide, they look nice and are cheap: I found a perfect set off a 97 Cobra for $200.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com