Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Help putting brake dust-covers back on...

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Help putting brake dust-covers back on...
289fia_cobra
¯
Member # 3813

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 289fia_cobra  Ford pictures for 289fia_cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a pair of 2000 Mustang PBR brakes and need to know how the heck you put the dust boots in??? Do you put the boot on first and then the pistons or ??? I think that's how it should go back in because I tried it another way and the lip of the boot that goes into the body of the caliper won't go in. I'm using brake fluid to help lube it up.

TIA for any advice.

Posts: 66 | From: Sunnyvale, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
1sick65
¯
Member # 3957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sick65  Ford pictures for 1sick65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when i had to rebuild my caliper i slid the dust shield over the caliper then put it into the caliper all together and no leaks
Posts: 1457 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com