Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 4 cylinder conversion

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 4 cylinder conversion
91foxbody
¯
Member # 5483

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 91foxbody  Ford pictures for 91foxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it possible to convert a four cylinder to a V8 in California and register? Is it worth the cost for this type of conversion assuming I do all the work?

91Foxbody

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes, yes, and well, maybe its worth it.

find a cheap donor wrecked 5.0 of the same year and then its worth it if you do the work yourself.

its really not a big deal to get it smogged due to the swap, just has to have the right smog equipment for its year as the 5.0 was an option on all the mustangs.

http://members.sounddomain.com/rustystang

photo journal of my personal 4cyl conversion

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
91foxbody
¯
Member # 5483

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 91foxbody  Ford pictures for 91foxbody    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info. I checked out your site, excellent info and pics. How does it work out when you go to smog it and the VIN#'s say 4cylinder and you have a V8 under the hood? Please forgive my ignorance but if I decide to do this I want to make sure it works at the smog shop and at the DMV. Would you consider a phone call so I can ask you some questions?

91foxbody

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
smog ref can put a sticker on the door jamb that tells any joe blow smog tech that its ok to smog the car as a v8

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com