Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Smog Legal X or H pipe

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Smog Legal X or H pipe
92greenlx
¯
Member # 4734

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 92greenlx  Ford pictures for 92greenlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who has passed smog with an X or H pipe that only has 2 high flow cats on it? I tried to smog my car a while back with my mac H pipe and it didnt pass, so I installed my stock 4 cat H pipe and passed fine. I am tired of doing the H-pipe swap every other year and would like to buy an X or H pipe that will pass smog! Can someone please help me out on which brand X or H pipes will pass the ol sniffer test? Thanks!
03gtPONY
¯
Member # 5337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03gtPONY  Ford pictures for 03gtPONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a shorty x pipe that welds on after the cats and bolts to the mufflers. Its pretty good on the high rpms but you dont get the true sound from your exhaust notes. I actually found my shorty x pipe to drown out the sound a lil. But if you want to stay smog legal I recommend the shorty x. They sell them on Steeda.com or just browse on the net, thats how i found mine.

--------------------
*Sleeper GT* nuff said

92greenlx
¯
Member # 4734

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92greenlx  Ford pictures for 92greenlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the info. I will check it out. I am more worried about being smog legal now than sound.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com