Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » installing dist, NEED HELP!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: installing dist, NEED HELP!!
foxstang
unregistered

Ford Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i can get the gears meshed and everything, but it just feels like the dist is bottoming out before it gets flush, i can still see the top seal on the distributor, cant figure out how to get it all the way down, thanks any help is appreciated im trying to get my car running also if someone knows how to put pics up on the site i could probably get somepictures.. thanks, chris
:
1FastLX
¯
Member # 1178

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FastLX  Ford pictures for 1FastLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well if you put markings on the dist and rotor

the distributor is not going to go all the way in if you drop it with markings aligned. try to compensate for the gear grooves so they can mesh the markings into position.

good luck.

foxstang
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks, well i decided to not be a pun and i just gave it a little push and it went in perfect, thanks
:
1FastLX
¯
Member # 1178

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FastLX  Ford pictures for 1FastLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by foxstang:
thanks, well i decided to not be a pun and i just gave it a little push and it went in perfect, thanks

yeah sometimes thats all it takes. i had a bit of struggle with my GT.

laters

--------------------
85 Mustang GT
91 2.3 Coupe
The Westside Strangler

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com