Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Rebuild Kit

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rebuild Kit
Migs
¯
Member # 5439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migs  Ford pictures for Migs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys, I have been looking into a rebuild kit and I want one that comes with piston rings, main, cam, and rod bearings, and a complete gasket set.

All the ones i see come with everything mentioned above with pistons and an oil pump.

Could one of you guys show me a rebuild kit like the one i want for my 88 gt. Thanks

--------------------
R.I.P SilverLX! You are missed bro.

Posts: 348 | From: Healdsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you torn down the engine yet?...Are you gonna go .030 over?....There are a lot of things to decide when looking for an engine rebuild kit...Do you want performance parts or just an inexpensive way to get your 5.0 up to standards again?....Are you doin the work yourself?...

Good luck [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
knight12
¯
Member # 4817

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for knight12  Ford pictures for knight12    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lets just say he wants a inexpensive one to get it back to standards cuz im gonna wanna do it in the future, you think i could do it myself? im not that mechanically inclined.

--------------------
sweeeeet

Posts: 180 | From: Walnut Creek | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
Migs
¯
Member # 5439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migs  Ford pictures for Migs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
Have you torn down the engine yet?...Are you gonna go .030 over?....There are a lot of things to decide when looking for an engine rebuild kit...Do you want performance parts or just an inexpensive way to get your 5.0 up to standards again?....Are you doin the work yourself?...

Good luck [patriot]

We havent Torn down the engine yet becuase its my daily driver right now. i am going to stay with the stock bore. I was thinking of getting the overhaul kit from Sealed Power. It has everything that i need but it comes with the pistons and oil pump. Plus its like $500. I have an uncle who runs a engine shop who is going to guide me through the rebuild.

--------------------
R.I.P SilverLX! You are missed bro.

Posts: 348 | From: Healdsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com