Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Rather Silly and Should be Simple to Answer

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rather Silly and Should be Simple to Answer
OutofPeace
Member # 5437

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for OutofPeace  Ford pictures for OutofPeace    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do I get my window back on it's track. My friend was leaning against it, and the darned thing slid down and decided that being powered like the other windows wasn't it's thing.

As silly and stupid as this is, I can't get the power window working for it! Right now I have to prop it up. !!!

Any help?

--------------------
And in darkness, there are only to options. Let there be light, or let the darkness continue.

nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like those plastic runner things are toast.

do you have the inner panel off...to see inside?

or tried to reinstall it??

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
OutofPeace
Member # 5437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for OutofPeace  Ford pictures for OutofPeace    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been trying a million and a half lazy ways. I was hoping for an answer that didn't involve removing the side panel. Allright allright! I'll give it a go.

And plastic runner things? :-x Oh dear. I'm better with the brakes than I am with the window.

--------------------
And in darkness, there are only to options. Let there be light, or let the darkness continue.

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
both of my windows are off the tracks. I tried to use epoxy to keep em in, but it worked for about 5 seconds. apparently the adhesive used to secure windshields is supposed to work well. I've decided upon taking it to an auto glass shop and having them reattatch them. that way when/if they come off I can bitch at them [Razz]

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com