Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Nitrous Install Question #2....

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Nitrous Install Question #2....
N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what's best, for running the nitrous feed line? Routing it inside the car on pass side or outside?
If you think outside, how and where? I think inside, I dunno [Razz] .

--------------------
-Single T62-2 Turbonetics Turbo-
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com
www.HELLIONPOWERSYSTEMS.com

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I run it inside under the carpet away from anything that can rub against it.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
jay-vee
¯
Member # 2708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jay-vee  Ford pictures for jay-vee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran mine on the outside, just tie wrapped it to the fuel line, then under the right side wheel liner and into the engine compartment through an existing hole.
nitrous_bob
CAFords OG
Member # 77

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for nitrous_bob  Ford pictures for nitrous_bob    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jay-vee:
I ran mine on the outside, just tie wrapped it to the fuel line, then under the right side wheel liner and into the engine compartment through an existing hole.

yup me too, once i ran as much as i could inside the frame rail also just keep it protected.

--------------------
5.0 OG since 1990

Posts: 1402 | From: st clair shores MI | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
I run it inside under the carpet away from anything that can rub against it.

Doesnt it have to run outside the car to be NHRA legal???

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by nitrous_bob:
quote:
Originally posted by jay-vee:

yup me too, once i ran as much as i could inside the frame rail also just keep it protected.
Thats what my friends when they installed mine.
N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the reply's. I still can't decide on inside or outside. But anyway, does anyone have the original directions to the NX kit. I downloaded the the instructions off of NX's site but it doesn't print all the pages for me.

--------------------
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com

9cobra9
¯
Member # 4470

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra9  Ford pictures for 9cobra9    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i still have all the origional directions, but i dont think that they will help in this situation. i routed it throught the inside, under the carpet, in the side plastic thing next to the door. it was very easy. if under the car, just tie strap it to the fuel line(right?). any way i think in the car is best, its safer for the line

--------------------
Red 1999 Cobra #1227
cai, bbk headers, offroad h-pipe, short shifter, 3.73's, magnaflow mufflers, LTW flywheel and 04 cobra clutch,
co-owner of PWA

19gt93
¯
Member # 5072

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19gt93  Ford pictures for 19gt93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think that if u run it threw thr in side of the car its not good cuz u have to drill threw the fire wall and hide the line where it looks a lot better runing it threw the rails becaues u dont see the line and it seens a lot more pro

--------------------
2 hemi's and a 5.0

N.L. Koncepts
¯
Member # 5179

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N.L. Koncepts  Ford pictures for N.L. Koncepts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra9:
i still have all the origional directions, but i dont think that they will help in this situation.

I need them for the wiring. I am really confused 'cause I don't know what color is to waht and what connects to what. I have everything else done but the wiring [Mad] .

--------------------
www.APEXMOTORSPORTS.com

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com