Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Tranny lines leaking

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tranny lines leaking
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wsup guys,

A good buddy of mine has a 1986 5.0 Mustang AOD. It appears that it's leaking tranny fluid from one of the two tranny lines that connect to the radiator. The tranny fluid is ONLY leaking on the lower radiator hose. I already tighend the connections to the radiator but it still leaks. Here's my Q. When I find wich line is messed up, how difficult are they to change....

Thanks guys. [patriot]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Both fittings a screwed up so i'll be changing the 2. LMK any help would be appreciated thanks.

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

I heard that I can cut the fittings and connect the lines to the radiator with rubber hose?????

ANYONE...

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
or how about just replacing the two lines with another set [Wink] lmk i have them

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

How difficult are they to replaice????

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont know just took them out for the 5speed swap [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Shok
¯
Member # 3174

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shok  Ford pictures for Shok    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wtf i posted a reply to this lastnight and it disapeared.
anyway i had the same prob, and i had to fix it quick since i need my car for work, so i used fittings from the tranny cooler section at kragens and rubber hose. I can prolly find the part number if you want, i think the wrapper is in my car.

Posts: 135 | From: salinas, california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

I heard from a reliable source that a tranny cooler will be a quick fix. If thats the case, i'll do that thanks man. [patriot]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

I heard from a reliable source that a tranny cooler will be a quick fix. If thats the case, i'll do that thanks man. [patriot]

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Shok
¯
Member # 3174

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shok  Ford pictures for Shok    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would just recommend that on the hose you clamp to the stock steel line you use two clamps, unless you plan to flare the end. I used two clamps and like a week later retightened them a bit and it has been fine since, which is around 5k miles.
Posts: 135 | From: salinas, california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would recommend that you rip the lines out along with the tranny and install the T5. [Wink]

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com