Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Stuff needed for intake install?----------

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Stuff needed for intake install?----------
gtmustang916
¯
Member # 3288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtmustang916  Ford pictures for gtmustang916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok everyone, i have someone who works at a ford shop, who is gonna install my new cobra manifold for $100.00. Well he wants me to buy everything before next thursday, like oil, and new pcv valve and the o rings between the injectors, and manifold i think. Where can i get all of this stuff, so we dont run into any problems during the intake install. thanks for all ur help

--------------------
1996 Red Gt 4.6--- K&N Air filter, Flowmasters and bassani o/r x-pipe

Posts: 165 | From: SaCtOwN 916 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can get the injector o-ring kits @ Pep Boys. They come w/ new o-rings and caps. The Kragen in my area didn't carry them.

You should also change the thermostat while you are at it. You will also need gaskets (T-body, upper to lower, lower to heads, EGR (maybe), etc.) of course [Smile]

I don't remember if the stock EGR spacer and fits the cobra. I think it does [Confused] But I would double check.

Oh yeah and don't forget coolant as you will have to drain your radiator.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
gtmustang916
¯
Member # 3288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtmustang916  Ford pictures for gtmustang916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Could you please be more specific please, so i can right it down and go get the stuff like which gaskets and stuff. What egr spacer, i have a bbk tb and egr plate, where do i get the tb gasket and egr gasket, and i just put a new thermostat in like 100 miles ago, and i believe the manifold should come with all the gasket, i ordered the polished cobra intake from texas mustang, and someone told me about a pcv valve and stuff i dont know alot about this stuff, but im learning, thanks jon....

[ January 12, 2005, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: gtmustang916 ]

--------------------

NutNice707
¯
Member # 5123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NutNice707  Ford pictures for NutNice707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
need intake install have cash see if your buddy wants another side job pm me thanks [burnout]

--------------------
07 F-250 Crew Cab
02 Corvette Z06
67 Cougar XR-7
72 Chevelle
07 CLS 550

Posts: 806 | From: Sacramento To The Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never actually ordered a new intake so I do not know what they come with. Make sure they include the gaskets to mount the lower intake to the heads and the gasket that goes between the upper and lower intake.

If you are putting on a bbk t-body and EGR plate you should be set. They should come with all the necessary gaskets (I would call the place you bought it from and make sure).

So you will still need the injector o-rings, coolant, oil, and pcv.

That's all I can think of right now. I would call Texas Mustang and double check to see what comes with the BBK stuff and the intake. They should be able to tell you if you need anything else.

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FYI,
cobra intake has egr build in.
only need TB.
intake comes w/upper to lower gasket and
pvc tubbing,bolts only
your going to need;
intake gasket-head to intake,i like felpro 1250
ther-stat gasket
oil+filter
re-use pvc or buy new one
re-use coolant or replace
re-route some vacumm lines and plug egr water lines.......umm
your ford guy should have told you this,if he knows what he is doing.
dont forget to adjust your tps,idle,timming,ect

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
AJBlackGT
¯
Member # 3936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJBlackGT  Ford pictures for AJBlackGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get ultra black RTV or if you have the cash Right Stuff by permatex to use on the front and rear seals instead of the cork gaskets because they tend to leak.

--------------------
90 Notch

Posts: 1896 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Dec 2003  |  :
19gt93
¯
Member # 5072

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 19gt93  Ford pictures for 19gt93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oww to make it alot easyer dont forget the fuel line disconect tool so u dont have to go back and forth good luck

--------------------
2 hemi's and a 5.0

gtmustang916
¯
Member # 3288

Thanks everyone for all of ur help, and i said earlier i have a bbk tb and egr plate on it right now, so i have to order the new gaskets, and do u mean that there is no need for a egr plate?? also i will talk to him about the ointake install, and everything thanks for all ur help...

--------------------

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by gtmustang916:
Thanks everyone for all of ur help, and i said earlier i have a bbk tb and egr plate on it right now, so i have to order the new gaskets, and do u mean that there is no need for a egr plate?? also i will talk to him about the ointake install, and everything thanks for all ur help...

Yes as stated above YOU DO NOT NEED THE EGR SPACER because the cobra has it built in.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com