Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » turn signals not working!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: turn signals not working!!
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i put a new instrument cluster cover (the colored piece that holds the hazard light switch, headlight switch, etc.) and since doing that my turn signals no longer work. the instrument cluster icon doesn't light up and none of the signals work. i'm trying to look for the "turn signal switch" that is supposed to be under the dash above the fuse panel, but i can't seem to find it. any helkp would be greatly appreciated!
thanks guys
drew
btw-the car is a 1990 lx mustang, and the fuses are all good...

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuse?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

BlowN67
¯
Member # 4229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlowN67  Ford pictures for BlowN67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
i put a new instrument cluster cover (the colored piece that holds the hazard light switch, headlight switch, etc.) and since doing that my turn signals no longer work. the instrument cluster icon doesn't light up and none of the signals work. i'm trying to look for the "turn signal switch" that is supposed to be under the dash above the fuse panel, but i can't seem to find it. any helkp would be greatly appreciated!
thanks guys
drew

I'm having the same problem hope to find out aswell

TTT

--------------------
AIM gonein67 JOHN
* californiafords.com
* corral.net
* foureyedpride.com
* yellowbullet.com
* theturboforums.com

Posts: 9809 | From: Home of LARD | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlowN67:
quote:
thanks guys
drew

I'm having the same problem hope to find out aswell

TTT

Come on big daddy come over tomorrow I'll get that working for you.

and you get that big ass box out of my living room.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When pulling out the hazard switch it is easy to pull a wire. those come out easy. check if they are all in all the way. and there is a relay that is behind that switch that might have came off. mine did and the hazards or blinkers didnt work. but since u said that the lights on that switch dont come on i would check those wires. goodluck

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Mr JoCo:
fuse?

smartass... lol [Razz]

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a brand new, in the Ford box, turn signal and wiper assembly switch for a Fox. It's black. I'd like $40 for it if anyone needs one. Or, if you would like to just install it to see if it cures the problem you can borrow it.

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sic5pointSLOW:
When pulling out the hazard switch it is easy to pull a wire. those come out easy. check if they are all in all the way. and there is a relay that is behind that switch that might have came off. mine did and the hazards or blinkers didnt work. but since u said that the lights on that switch dont come on i would check those wires. goodluck

I had the same problem, that was the fix!! [patriot]

[ December 28, 2004, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
9lbpony
¯
Member # 3510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9lbpony  Ford pictures for 9lbpony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't believe no one has suggested that he simply top off the blinker fluid.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com