Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » starting problems, help!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: starting problems, help!
project_stangs88
¯
Member # 4599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for project_stangs88  Ford pictures for project_stangs88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok i have a stock 1989 5.o speed, the car when its cold starts right up, with no problem, . when i turn it off and start it back up it hesitates and most of the time it turns over but doesent start the car, and my battery starts to die. i replaced the battery, solinoid, alternator, . wtf is wrong with this car?, by the way the car drive fine, just have to push start it everywhere, someone help!

--------------------
got my 65 mustang back! (bonny)! roller...

Posts: 1518 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
89 FAKE SNAKE
¯
Member # 4531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 FAKE SNAKE  Ford pictures for 89 FAKE SNAKE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
maybe tha ignition switch? i kinda had tha problem and it fixed mine...

--------------------
90 COUPE
01 R1 (stock)
04 XR-50(stroked)
06 TT-R50E
SRA & PWA member

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check your ground connections. There is one near the firewall that connects to the back of your heads. I had an issue with that one. cable was worn and torn and didnt make a good ground connection. also. the ground that goes from you Starter selinoied to your timing chain cover or block.. unless you moved the battery to the back.. then it could be you ground back there.. Good luck.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea i had the same problem in my old skoo. it was the ground wire. when the engine compartment gets hot or even warm it makes more resistance in the wires. a good wire wouldnt be affected that much where a bad one would do what urs is. i replaced mine and had no more probs.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
StangerMach1
¯
Member # 3677

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for StangerMach1  Ford pictures for StangerMach1  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
with my 70 it was a bad ground, added a shat load more grounds, also we were running off hte soliniod on the fender, not the internal one for the starter.

and to top it all off, bad alternater harness.

now the eltrical system is ok.

--------------------
Its not an oil leak, its sweat from all that horsepower.

"Mach 1 pronounced Mach Won." 1970 Ford Advertisment

Posts: 153 | From: Redwood City | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com