Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » New motor is in but car idles funny when I press the clutch pedal.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New motor is in but car idles funny when I press the clutch pedal.
WhiteGT306
¯
Member # 5064

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteGT306  Ford pictures for WhiteGT306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The car is a 1990 GT 5.0 and we just finished installing a completely stock 5.0 motor out of another 1990 5.0 GT. The car runs fine but the only problem is that when I press the clutch pedal the cars idle goes way down and sometimes shuts off. Also everytime I start the car the idle jumps up to 3500RPM's and eventually it comes back down to 900 RPM's. Not sure if the two problems are related.Thanks

--------------------
1990 White GT

GOTULKN
¯
Member # 4933

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOTULKN  Ford pictures for GOTULKN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
had the same prob with my car..... turned out tp be the nuetral safety switch on my pedal

--------------------
Happiness is being stroked and blown

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
u got a good ground?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
might want to do the minimum idle procedure

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Mr JoCo:
u got a good ground?

good question joe. hey dude . i had the same problem with my shit when i instaled my motor also. ill start up the car and it idels arond 3k rpm. and then if you put the clutch in it would idle normal. lol. and no one knew what it was. then i sold it and dude found out that i diddnt connect this ground and problem was fixed!so you should check it out dude [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

WhiteGT306
¯
Member # 5064

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteGT306  Ford pictures for WhiteGT306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the help.

--------------------
1990 White GT

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so did you fix it?what was it? [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com