Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 4-wheel alignment?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 4-wheel alignment?
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can this even be done to a fox? what do you adjust to "align" the rear wheels?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

NvrEnough89GT
¯
Member # 5086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NvrEnough89GT  Ford pictures for NvrEnough89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I belive you can only alighn the front on the fox's. Could be wrong though. I used to work at a shop and The boss used to always say here you need a 4 wheel alighment on your car but their was no way to actually do a 4 wheel alighnment on certain cars. Again I could be wrong. [patriot]

--------------------
89 LX

Posts: 224 | From: Union City Ca | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The only reason you would want to check the rear wheels is to see if the rear end is in straight or crooked due to messed up torque boxes or control arms. It sucks to have a car that dog tracks.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This can be done. I had it done when I got my fronts done. For what reason I don't really know.

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no, it cant be aligned. If the control arm is bent, or torwue box is messed up, it wont track right, but you have to replace the messed up parts, an alignment machine will not help any, because they are not actually adjustable. Almost any car with a solid axle in the rear only can have a 2-wheel(front) alignment.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't recall him saying anythin was messed up on his car. He asked if there was a such thing

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

silverLX
¯
Member # 3207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for silverLX  Ford pictures for silverLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jaybquick:
The only reason you would want to check the rear wheels is to see if the rear end is in straight or crooked due to messed up torque boxes or control arms. It sucks to have a car that dog tracks.

this is what i was refering to, 306coupe. it cant be done with adjustments, you are wrong. if you were charged for a 4 wheel alignment on a fox mustang, unless you have IRS you got ripped off. I do alignments all day at work (big 0), the alignmnet machine even specifies that there are no adjustments on a fox mustang in the rear.

--------------------
88LX hatch 410w
88LX vert gears, exhaust
95GT H/C/I

Posts: 1613 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
jay-vee
¯
Member # 2708

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jay-vee  Ford pictures for jay-vee    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
doing a 4-wheel alignment on a live rear will give you the thrust angle, to see if the rear is square in the car. there is no adjusment. but it can be used for diagnostics.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com