Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » to run 13's or faster

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: to run 13's or faster
gtmustang916
¯
Member # 3288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtmustang916  Ford pictures for gtmustang916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have now a 91 gt convertible, auto with trans go shift kit, bbk 70 mm throttle boday and 700 mm egr plate, a bbk standard mount cold air intake with k and n filter, mac shorties with off road h-pipe and 1 chamber flows its not even close to being fast enough for me, i have stuff in mind from the first post i wrote. i want to add some long tube headers and x-pipe 73m mass air sensor some 3.73s, maybe a 5 speed and elderbrock rpm manifold from idle-5500rpms and maybe a b-303 cam and some 1.6 roller rockers and a roll cage. does this sound lik some low 14's or even some high 13's. also with what i have now what do u think i would run??? woth spinning the tires i ran a 15.9 stock at 88.7 mph

--------------------
1996 Red Gt 4.6--- K&N Air filter, Flowmasters and bassani o/r x-pipe

Posts: 165 | From: SaCtOwN 916 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Blue97GT
Member # 4241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue97GT  Ford pictures for Blue97GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow! man a 15.9 spinnin tires. you should be already in the mid-low 14's with what cha got. i have a 97GT bone stock with flows i ran a 14.9. and 5.0's are much faster than my GT. i am gonna say what everyone else will...

PRATICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!! [burnout]

and with those mods you are talkin about im guessin 13's and 12s with slicks.

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What do you run now with your mods? It's not easy to get a 5.0 convertible into the 13's but it can be down with the right parts without tearing into the engine too much.

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
stall converter and some gears, that'll take care of the lag off the line.
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You won't run 13's unless you do all of the mods you listed AND drive with skill. Verts are heavy beasts and do take more to achieve what a hardtop already can. If you are gonna do all those mods to your car though, I suggest getting a set of decent flowing heads. Heads will give you THE MOST power out of all the above mods you listed. Plus, when matched up with all the right parts, that convertible will be well into the 13's with sticky tires.

Heads [patriot]

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Quick 88LX
¯
Member # 1950

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quick 88LX  Ford pictures for Quick 88LX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dammit I just noticed you have an AOD. Well, forget the driving with skill part [Wink] J/K

GET SOME HEADS MAN!!!

I used to own a convertible... Trust me on this.

--------------------
"Men are Made, Not Born"
Car Picture : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/quick88lx/
Original Member #495. Can I get my number back?

Posts: 1785 | From: Fairfield, CA/Okinawa, Japan | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
1WICKEDmach
¯
Member # 4060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1WICKEDmach  Ford pictures for 1WICKEDmach    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The easiest way is to strap on a 6lb blower like the Vortech Atrim, and some drag radials. Ive gone the motor way, and it will cost you more than getting the blower.

--------------------
RACETUNE
2003 Torch Red Mach 1
Maximum Motorsports Suspension, Exhaust, 4:10's
12.9@105mph 1.88 60ft

Cstang5.0
¯
Member # 4925

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cstang5.0  Ford pictures for Cstang5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a vert too it’s a bitch to get them into the 13 right know I have cold air intake, performer intake,70mm TB, h pipe no cats, bbk headers, chip, 76mm meater,373, 5 speed conversion, pro 50 shifter, UD pulleys, 1.7RR and my best is a 14.7 I hope this gives you an idea good luck

--------------------
88 VERT slow sold
89 coupe stock ; )
02 yukon
05 focus

twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sticky tires, looser torque converter, gears, heads and a good healthy intake should get you there.

Manually shifting seems to work best so it takes a little bit of practice to do it right as the aod tranny always seems to pause a little bit between shifts. (example, I'll shift mine at 5700 and on the stock tach it looks like it's shifting at actually around 6000)

It took me forever to get to the 13s so jut practice and you'll get there.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

90gtverrt
¯
Member # 1437

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtverrt  Ford pictures for 90gtverrt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I ran 14.023@98.7 2.01 60' with just the very basic mods (pulleys/Exhaust/MAF/TB) with my vert 5 speed...so its possible.

Mike

Posts: 1199 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
twisted54
¯
Member # 1981

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for twisted54  Ford pictures for twisted54  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it's a little easier with a 5 speed vs a aod. The stock aod is a major slush box.

--------------------
2013 Black on Black 5.0 with Boost N Things - CORN FED 🌽

gtmustang916
¯
Member # 3288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtmustang916  Ford pictures for gtmustang916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya a 15.9 is what i ran without the parts and i dont know what it will run now because its acting up

--------------------
1996 Red Gt 4.6--- K&N Air filter, Flowmasters and bassani o/r x-pipe

Posts: 165 | From: SaCtOwN 916 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com