Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » MY STANG IS ALL F***** UP

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: MY STANG IS ALL F***** UP
pepsi_blue_88
¯
Member # 2712

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for pepsi_blue_88  Ford pictures for pepsi_blue_88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My motor or tranny is making this weird knocking sound my tranny is making this lound wineing sound i jsut put an off road h pipe and it blows out white smoke may have lost a cylinder head or messed up a piston rod i dont know wat to do at the point now where i wanna sell it but wanna get opions first get a new motor or used from here is it worth fixing and to top it off i lost my job as well all in 2 days. [BS flag] [Mad]
Posts: 536 | From: east bay 510 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it sounds like you need a hug...

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1992gtdrop
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't sell it then you wont have a job or a car. Find out exactly what's wrong with it and fix it or replace it. Remember the junk yard is your friend!!! Lots of places to look for used parts!! Keep your head up and do whatever it takes to get your car running and you'll have a job in no time.
Good Luck!

G.C. [patriot]

:
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Depends man...you think the car will be reliable enough to find you a new job and then reliable enough to take you to and from it everyday until you can save enough money to find out the problem of your car then pay to get it fixed or buy the parts and fix it yourself?

OOOrrrrr do you think the 1000 or so dollars you'll get for it will be enough money to buy you a beater honda that will be more reliable to get you a job and take you to and from your job long enough to save up enough money to buy another stang?

Unless you already have money saved up. I say if you can buy a $500 beater and keep your stang at the same time to do that. Just putt around in the beater until you can get your feet grounded enough to start throwing money into the stang.

Or maybe a mustang isn't something you should be investing money into right now. Only you know your real situation. My mustang is a toy...if something breaks, isn't running right or gas prices jump to high then she sleeps in the garage until I have the time and money to fix it...in the mean time I drive a little 4 banger around.

pepsi_blue_88
¯
Member # 2712

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for pepsi_blue_88  Ford pictures for pepsi_blue_88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wanna keep it just for the simple fact that its an 88 t-top and there hard to find but man times get real hard and i just want it off my hands but i cant sell it i wil try and buy me a beater or something hopfully it will all work out it will take time but you guyz will see my stang when it complete finished if anyone comes across a beater let me know will keep u up dated on my status im knew to all this mustang stuff so im trying to learn. thanks again will get my car looked at for sure. anthony
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check craigslist.com for a beater car...you'll find one. dime a dozen on there. If you can come up with $500-$1000 you can get something reliable enough to go from a-b

best of luck

TRIXSNK
¯
Member # 2844

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRIXSNK  Ford pictures for TRIXSNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a buddy that migth have a Civic DX for sale.

I think he wanted $1000-1500

[patriot]

--------------------
9 Sec EVO 9 is GONE!

New project in the works.......

Shok
¯
Member # 3174

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shok  Ford pictures for Shok    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i discovered recently that some tow yards will put cars out front for a few hundred that seem to run pretty well. so that might be a place to look to for a beater.
Posts: 135 | From: salinas, california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
89point
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they are the lean sales they sell them hella cheap like mchughs and other junk yards
:
pepsi_blue_88
¯
Member # 2712

do u think i should buy a motor of here or buy a brand new one.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com