Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » not happy with result of steeda

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: not happy with result of steeda
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i can't take the damn "stock pawl" out, has anyone had this problem??? what did you guys do???

-

http://www.dfwstangs.com/tech/forte/

[ November 02, 2004, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: menlo pony ]

Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can either reached through from the firewall side with a saw blade and cut the portion that over hangs off while a buddy holds the pedal in the proper position or you can pop it off with a pry bar from inside the car. The second option is a little tricky but it will come off

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Or you can take a really LONG set of needle-nosed pliers and reach up and pull the spring off. I do this everytime; entire swap takes less than 15 mins.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just break that mother fucker off how every you can. That's what I did [patriot]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks guys, i'll try most of those methods soon..
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

i finally got that damn thing off, and i completed the install, but there are a couple of things i dont like:

-the pedel is harder to press (although i think i heard somewhere that this is normal)
-the firewall adjuster is about an inch out after setting the cable to its tightest spot possible, and hooking the other end of the cable to the second hook on the quadrant
-and the most annoying thing is the loud squeeking that i hear everytime i press the clutch pedal.

by the way this is the steeda kit...

has anyone had these problems before, especially the loud noise. how do i get rid of it.?

[ November 02, 2004, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: menlo pony ]

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Het Menlo, you or your boys do paint?

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

GOTULKN
¯
Member # 4933

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for GOTULKN  Ford pictures for GOTULKN    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This may sound crazy..... But for some reason Ford told me to that the squeeking is caused by not have a proper ground on the motor..... So I double checked my grounds and they exchanged the cable and it went away...... I dont know if it was me replacing a few of the screws on the grounds or the new cable?

--------------------
Happiness is being stroked and blown

menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

quote:
Originally posted by GOTULKN:
This may sound crazy..... But for some reason Ford told me to that the squeeking is caused by not have a proper ground on the motor..... So I double checked my grounds and they exchanged the cable and it went away...... I dont know if it was me replacing a few of the screws on the grounds or the new cable?

that does sound wierd,,, i just called steeda, and they told me that i probably set it too tight,,, i'll find out today!
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

quote:
Originally posted by 306Coupe:
Het Menlo, you or your boys do paint?

no, i think my friends know someone, but i have no idea.
SlowStockFox
Stock Fox
Member # 1081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowStockFox  Ford pictures for SlowStockFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had a steeda and had no probs. i think it worked well. best of luck

--------------------
i walk around....dont drink and drive

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com