Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Bad problem....blown head gasket/ cracked head?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Bad problem....blown head gasket/ cracked head?
WhitePoint
¯
Member # 4642

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for WhitePoint  Ford pictures for WhitePoint    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This sucks bad....okay tonight I was driving and all of a sudden my temp. gauge went all the way up! Almost red! I was like wtf so I pulled over and checked for leaks...found none. Then my car has been blowing out HELLA white smoke outta the back exhaust....blown head gasket or cracked head? Help me out guys!!!! [Frown]

--------------------
Yeah you'll see my hazards, but not because I'm broken down

BlueLightning302
¯
Member # 3974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueLightning302  Ford pictures for BlueLightning302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
could also be your lower intake gasket.

--------------------
Originally Member #935

2003 Mustang Cobra - Some mods

"Well, atleast the slow one's trying!!" - Al Bundy

WhitePoint
¯
Member # 4642

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhitePoint  Ford pictures for WhitePoint    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm hoping it's not what I think it is....how would I go about checking to see what the problem is?

--------------------
Yeah you'll see my hazards, but not because I'm broken down

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
change your oil, see if theres coolant / water in it.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sent you a pm if you need it looked at let me know.

Also something to check is this:disconnect the 2 water lines going to the throttle body and cap them off with anything that fits in there secure (a bolt will work as it is temporary) and use the existing hose clamp to tighten the hose to whatever it is you use to block them off.then plug the 2 outlets on the throttle body with vacum caps.fire it up and see if it makes any difference.its a common problem.

also in the event you do have a head gasket issue water in the oil is only one symtom but do checkit.only if the gasket blows on that portin of the gasket will there be water in the oil.it can be leaking water straight to the exhaust and will have no water/oil mix.

again hit me up if you need any help

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com