Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » e303 what is the correct vac at idle?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: e303 what is the correct vac at idle?
slikstang
¯
Member # 4652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slikstang  Ford pictures for slikstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just finished putting together a 5.0 with stock lower, gt-40 heads and stock intake manifold. it's an 88 so i converted it to mass air... got the car set at 10 deg before tdc with the stout out and the idle is at 800 and engine shakes a lot.. also the idle is very lumpy. after driving it the car seemed to hesitate a lot. the vac at 800 is only around 7-10. injectors stock and stock fuel pump. do i need upgraded fuel and a chip.... anybody with an e303 what does your vac look like.

thanks
kevin

--------------------
Mmm boost...

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My vac is at 13 at 900rpms

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
8-10 average or more is fine.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3012 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
slikstang
¯
Member # 4652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slikstang  Ford pictures for slikstang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so then you think that it's the fuel that he's missing becasue there is just no power right now.

thank
kevin

--------------------
Mmm boost...

NO-CLONE
¯
Member # 4594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO-CLONE  Ford pictures for NO-CLONE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an 86 5.0 and i just installed an e-303
cam, e7te heads, gt-40 upper and lower, 75mm t/b and spacer, long tube headers and off road h-pipe. I too have stock injectors but upgraded my
fuel pump to a 195 lph. I set my timming at 14
btdc and my idle too is very lumpy at 800 but clears up at about 1100 rpm.

--------------------
If the purpose of a wing is to apply down force to the drive wheels at high speeds, shouldn't the wing on most imports be mounted on the hood?

slikstang
¯
Member # 4652

what is your vac... and did you drive the car before you installed the fuel pump..
thanks
kevin

--------------------
Mmm boost...

NO-CLONE
¯
Member # 4594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO-CLONE  Ford pictures for NO-CLONE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
don't know what my vac is, ill check and post later. the fuel pump was one of the first mods i did, long before i did the head, cam and intake upgrade.

--------------------
If the purpose of a wing is to apply down force to the drive wheels at high speeds, shouldn't the wing on most imports be mounted on the hood?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com