Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Installing a cobra intake help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Installing a cobra intake help
saleenmomo89
¯
Member # 3251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleenmomo89  Ford pictures for saleenmomo89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im installing my cobra intake soon,
do i have to up grade my maf, and so forth,,,,
what all must i do, im tight on cash, and want to make use of the intake, however i want to do it right,
any help would be usefull
thanks
devan

UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You do not need anything all stock components will work. But not upgradeing your mass air, and throttle body will hold it back a little.

--------------------
The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
AND YES THE RAMS FAN

Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
S351-R
CAFords OG
Member # 1605

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for S351-R  Ford pictures for S351-R    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by saleenmomo89:
im installing my cobra intake soon,
do i have to up grade my maf, and so forth,,,,
what all must i do, im tight on cash, and want to make use of the intake, however i want to do it right,
any help would be usefull
thanks
devan

Like the above reply states, all stock components will work with the Cobra intake so you don't have to upgrade the MAF, etc., but doing so, of course, will enhance it.
A couple of installation tips:
Shove paper towels in the intake ports in the heads to prevent any debris from entering as you are cleaning the old intake gasket off.
Do not use the end gaskets provided with the intake gasket kit (usually made of cork). Instead lay a nice bead of silicone on the ends.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com