Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Hesitation??? Hot weather??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Hesitation??? Hot weather??
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Bored this evening so i went for some ice cream, as i stomp on the gas, car doesnt get up and go like normal, kinda sluggish until it hits 4k rpms then takes off, click to 2nd boggs down then picks back up to normal power around 4k rpms again. Could the hot weather make that big of a difference.

checked plug wires, checked vacuum lines, everything seems ok... CONFUSED here!

[Confused]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How is your tranny fluid? I would do a Mercon 5 flush if you haven't done so in the last 15k miles.

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1fast281:
How is your tranny fluid? I would do a Mercon 5 flush if you haven't done so in the last 15k miles.

Tranny has right around a total of 8 maybe 9000 miles on it, so i dont think i would gain anything from doin a tranny flush! But thanx for your info.

--------------------

1fast281
¯
Member # 4670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fast281  Ford pictures for 1fast281  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What about your plugs, wires, and fuel filter. Are you still on the stock fuel pump?

--------------------
1998 Mark VIII LSC Black/Graphite
2005 Pontiac GTO Silver/Black

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You just need to hook up a scanner and watch all the sensors on the car. Make sure you are seeing correct information under cruise and under WOT otherwise it becomes a guessing game and with cars that gets expensive quick. Check the obvious things though like spark plug wires not on all the way and what not. If you have an aftermarket ignition I would try and bypass it to see if the problem is still present

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
jcm3man
¯
Member # 3834

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcm3man  Ford pictures for jcm3man  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have to agree with the fuel filter... I would do as Mike says and hook up a scanner.

Also I would be curious to know if the tail pipes are black... indicating a rich condition??? Also that would make me wonder what the catalytic converter condition is... maybe clogged!

You can also check simple things like the TPS sticking or not indexing properly... use a volt/multi meter for this test...

However these are just suggestions and like Mike says you will be chasing the problem with money if you don't have the proper tools or know-how to diagnose the problem.

If you can't figure it out bring it to me and I can cure your ailments [Cool]

Hey Mikey... how bout a plug for the shop! [Big Grin]

--------------------
WWW.ALTEREDSPEED.COM
(209)234-7890
john@alteredspeed.com
Diablosport, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, etc.

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all the suggestions. Might be the fuel filter, everything else is new as far as plugs,wires, fuel pump. The filter has probably a good 55k miles on it. But wouldnt it gradualy go bad, this was kinda like a all of a sudden type thing. Anyway perhaps i should have it hooked up to check all sensors.

As far as looking at tailpipes for rich conditions, too lazy to look under car to see. Exhaust is dumped.

[ July 24, 2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: 98StangPower ]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com