Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » boost

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: boost
1Bad427W
¯
Member # 4593

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Bad427W  Ford pictures for 1Bad427W    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What would be the maximum amount of supercharged boost for a stock bottom end 02 GT. It only has exhaust and gears. (3.73) He was hoping to get in 11's easily.

--------------------
1989 sunfire metallic black coupe
427w, afr 205's, victor jr. intake, tko, built everything

Posts: 22 | From: Fairfield, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
prolly 8, no 11's though, not easliy.

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
brian bought the wrong car if he wants 11's

yeah i wouldnt go more that 8-9psi, 10psi if he wants to be daring and risk blowing it up if he gets a bad tank of gas

and if this is for brian, he doesnt like to work on cars enough have a fast 2v, to many little things to fix or play with

and driving 260 hp is alot different than driving 400hp will slightly intoxicated

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can get 11's with slicks and a good 60ft in a 2V with a around 12psi of boost...I'd recommend a custom tune, race gas, smaller blower pulley and a power pipe...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would go for 9 psi, get a good tune, or 14-17 with race gas and a fuel system and blow it up and build a motor that can handle more boost [Cool]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mustanggt5091:
i would go for 9 psi, get a good tune, or 14-17 with race gas and a fuel system and blow it up and build a motor that can handle more boost [Cool]

u know brian engell dont u jeff, this is his car i think, has to be, because he was talking to me about it when we pulled donny's old motor out

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

1Bad427W
¯
Member # 4593

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Bad427W  Ford pictures for 1Bad427W    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its not brians car but he does want his car fast as well. Its a friend of mine from work that just bought and 02 GT and wants a supercharger. He was asking for advice on what to get and how much boost he could put on a stock motor.

--------------------
1989 sunfire metallic black coupe
427w, afr 205's, victor jr. intake, tko, built everything

Posts: 22 | From: Fairfield, CA | Registered: Jun 2004  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

quote:
Originally posted by 1Bad427W:
Its not brians car but he does want his car fast as well. Its a friend of mine from work that just bought and 02 GT and wants a supercharger. He was asking for advice on what to get and how much boost he could put on a stock motor.

i would tell him to do all the bolt ons first

as in
tb, maf, true cold air, tb inlet pipe, underdrive pullies, short throw shifter, and other stuff, do the supercharger after he gets tired of the new power

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Tell brian to throw some juice on his car and tell your buddy to get a 9 psi kit if he has to have a blower now and when he can save up for more parts( fuel system, built motor, bolt ons) then look for more boost

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:

i would tell him to do all the bolt ons first

as in
tb, maf, true cold air, tb inlet pipe, underdrive pullies, short throw shifter, and other stuff, do the supercharger after he gets tired of the new power

4.6 bolt ons are expensive and not as benefitial as the 5.0's...With all the bolt-ons it would cost a lot and only be around 270rwhp at the most...Buy a supercharger and he's around 380-400rwhp...Just my .02

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com