Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Rebuild it or stroke it?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Rebuild it or stroke it?
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 2000 SC leen that I want to have forged. If i do a stroker kit won't it come with forged pieces also? Would it be better just to do it that way instead of just buying forged pieces. Any know any good places that sell mod kits? Thanks for the info.
JOhnny

Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
I have a 2000 SC leen that I want to have forged. If i do a stroker kit won't it come with forged pieces also? Would it be better just to do it that way instead of just buying forged pieces. Any know any good places that sell mod kits? Thanks for the info.
JOhnny

The only place I would go to in Norcal would be HCI or Bob Johnson. I would call around and do research on the web to find out what the best stroker kit is and to see if the gains are worth it to you. You might have to do some other mods to take full advantage.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well when I do the rebuild I am going with a bigger blower and fully port my heads and put in blower cams eventually. HCI does motors and is close?
JOhnny

bunchmyfunky
CAFords Drag Racing Mod
Member # 360

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bunchmyfunky  Ford pictures for bunchmyfunky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Well when I do the rebuild I am going with a bigger blower and fully port my heads and put in blower cams eventually. HCI does motors and is close?
JOhnny

They seem to do a very good job on the motors that they build. Their located in Sac.
Posts: 2433 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2001  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

quote:
Originally posted by bunchmyfunky:
quote:
JOhnny

They seem to do a very good job on the motors that they build. Their located in Sac.
Do they rebuild it for you or do they have assembled motors.
JOhnny

1BAD2V
Screwed and Sprayed
Member # 2495

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1BAD2V  Ford pictures for 1BAD2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go with a forged stroker 5.0.
you can get one from vtengines.com. get some stage 2 heads too.

--------------------
01 MG GT
Some mods

Posts: 552 | From: Los Angeles,CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

quote:
Originally posted by RD2BBLOWN:
go with a forged stroker 5.0.
you can get one from vtengines.com. get some stage 2 heads too.

I saw that website. Good engines.
JOhnny

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com