Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 17x8 4-lug ponies??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 17x8 4-lug ponies??
1CLeeN5.0
¯
Member # 2124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1CLeeN5.0  Ford pictures for 1CLeeN5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was looknig thru a pro 50 magazine and i saw a guy with a 93 lx and he had 17x8 ponies all around. i want to put those on my 89 gt just in the rear so i could put bigger tire. could anyone help me out with the company that makes those and what if you could help is there another option besides the cobra r to put on my mustang that would make it look clean. thanks alot for the help - tony
Posts: 67 | From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pony R's....They make the 17" 91-93 Pony

http://www.ponyr.com

If you going to keep it four lug and you want 17's why not 93 Cobra wheels?...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
r1
CAFords OG
Member # 1144

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for r1  Ford pictures for r1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
Pony R's....They make the 17" 91-93 Pony

http://www.ponyr.com

If you going to keep it four lug and you want 17's why not 93 Cobra wheels?...

the 1993 cobra rim has the wrong backspacing for his car and is only 7.5 inches wide [patriot]

--------------------
shit breaks then you buy the good stuff

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by r1:
[QUOTE]the 1993 cobra rim has the wrong backspacing for his car and is only 7.5 inches wide [patriot]

Backspacing, what are you talking about? [Confused]

He has an 89GT....245-45-17's on a 7.5" wide is fine for a Fox....

--------------------

1992gtdrop
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The rear track width is 3/4" longer on each side on a 1993 cobra. If you run '93 cobra wheels then your rear wheels are going to tuck into the fenderwells a lot more and it is going to look like shit! unless you run spacers which isn't recommended. Oh, and then you'll have to correct the offsett in the front by having to purchase'93 cobra rotors. If you want to go with 93 cobra wheels wait until they make the replica's for fox-bodies (non-cobras) from what I hear they will be coming out in a few months, but 17x8 pony r's are cool and not alot of people have them [Roll Eyes] .
Just be original! Good luck!! [patriot]

Outy 5000, [burnout]
G. Cortez

[ May 27, 2004, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: 1992gtdrop ]

:
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Good info!, I didn't know that.... [patriot]

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com