Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » maybe you guys can help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: maybe you guys can help
siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
okay, maybe you guys can help me out...anyways, when i drive my 1974 ramcharger and i shift my truck into netural.. and as i slow down i hear "clicking" sounds coming from the tranny..(im pretty sure) i thought it was from my right front tire but its not cause i took off the wheel and checked if anything was okay. and it was.. but, have you guys ever had this problem?

anyways here some info on my truck
1974 ramcharger
rebuitl 318
4spd (w/the granny 1st gear)
fulltime 4-wheel drive

-calvin-

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1992 Ford F-150 XLT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Does the clicking get faster the faster you go?...Does the clicking go away whe you're stopped?....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
siri95
CAFords OG
Member # 2840

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for siri95  Ford pictures for siri95  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black94 5.0:
Does the clicking get faster the faster you go?...Does the clicking go away whe you're stopped?....

sorrry for the late reply,
but i hear the clicking as i slow down and it slows down with it.. and yes the clicking does go away when i am at a complete stop.

-calvin-

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT (sold)
1992 Ford F-150 XLT (sold)
1986 Mustang SVO (sold)

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's hard to diagnos noises over the internet...

It could be a speedometer cable...It could be your brakes...You really have to pin point the noise before you can remedy the problem...

Put the car on jack stands and have a buddy listen while you engage the clutch and start the wheels movin...

Good luck!...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com