Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » speed density

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: speed density
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anybody know how far in upgrades you can go.86 mustang STOCK w/ offroad H.would a intake like a cobra w/ 65mm tb throw this thing off.and i dont want to convert to mass air just yet.thanks

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted
94 gt wait till you see me!

Posts: 1468 | From: hate`n in richmond | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
guys are running in the 11's with SD, so dont worry about it.

the only thing that really jacks SD cars up is a cam swap, you need to be careful not to use a cam that will cause a big drop in vacuum, as thats how the MAP operates.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for carajo  Ford pictures for carajo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was thinking of simple stuff like intake and exhaust. but i aint fu#%ing with the cam.

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you change anything on that '86, change the heads....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

it already has a newer motor,i think its a 90.i got it from (98slowhoeFIFTYLX)crispi critter.runs really good.

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted

KRZ89GT
¯
Member # 4273

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KRZ89GT  Ford pictures for KRZ89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hows your idle with that motor cause i have an 86 shortblock with E7's and at a stoplight it feels like it going to die only have throttle body.

--------------------
89' bLACk GT (stolen)
KRAZYFORDS

T-Top Five-o
¯
Member # 3513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for T-Top Five-o  Ford pictures for T-Top Five-o  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what kind of throttle body are you running?
Posts: 319 | From: San Jose, Ca. | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
KRZ89GT
¯
Member # 4273

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KRZ89GT  Ford pictures for KRZ89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by five-0:
what kind of throttle body are you running?

why do you want to know? arent we racing this weekend?

--------------------
89' bLACk GT (stolen)
KRAZYFORDS

T-Top Five-o
¯
Member # 3513

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for T-Top Five-o  Ford pictures for T-Top Five-o  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey just trying to help you out. If its bbk you might want to adjust the throttle body. It sounds like its too low. bbk makes bad idling throttle bodies
KRZ89GT
¯
Member # 4273

its not the tb because it didn't do it before the head swap. [patriot]

--------------------
89' bLACk GT (stolen)
KRAZYFORDS

T-Top Five-o
¯
Member # 3513

Do you have a fuel pressure regulator? Hold on Let me rephrase this: If you have a fuel pessure regulator you might want to regulate more PSI's and mess with timing a little.
KRZ89GT
¯
Member # 4273

who doesnt have a fpr? no matter what i adjust it to it still idles fucked up.

--------------------
89' bLACk GT (stolen)
KRAZYFORDS

T-Top Five-o
¯
Member # 3513

Are you running a cam, wait wait, if you are running a cam that might be your idling problem.And by cam I mean aftermarket cam. Just like he regulator you can't adjust the PSI's on the stock regulator unless you plug the vacuum line. But in your case that wouldn't work because you run the sb system
T-Top Five-o
¯
Member # 3513

oops I spelled 'the' wrong I put 'he'
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds like you may have a vacuum leak?

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

KRZ89GT
¯
Member # 4273

quote:
Originally posted by five-0:
Are you running a cam, wait wait, if you are running a cam that might be your idling problem.And by cam I mean aftermarket cam. Just like he regulator you can't adjust the PSI's on the stock regulator unless you plug the vacuum line. But in your case that wouldn't work because you run the sb system

whats with the "if your" do you really think im stupid and dont know what a cam does or sound like? SMART ASS

--------------------
89' bLACk GT (stolen)
KRAZYFORDS

T-Top Five-o
¯
Member # 3513

SMARTASS? I thought you were being the smartass saying 'Who Doesn't have a fpr?' I know all cars have it. Just like all cars have cams. And you get all suspicious when I ask you if you have an aftermarket part so thats why I put down 'if you do' I ain't no SMARTASS
carajo
¯
Member # 4426

damm.....you guys must know each other.......

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted

carajo
¯
Member # 4426

my car idles perfect,all stock w/ o/r H,timming at 14 and good tune up parts.just want more power.

--------------------
06 magnum srt8 6.1
05 f250 lifted

KRZ89GT
¯
Member # 4273

quote:
Originally posted by carajo:
damm.....you guys must know each other.......

i dont know him. i just think i shouldn't let
him know what i have since he lies about what
he has.

--------------------
89' bLACk GT (stolen)
KRAZYFORDS

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TRY DRILLIN A SMALL 1/8 INCH HOLE ON THE TB BUTTERFLY.
Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com