Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » help! please help!!anyone know anything about vacume?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: help! please help!!anyone know anything about vacume?
phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well if i take my capp on the back of my preformer intake on the vacume line off and start the car it will idle fine,but if i plug it up it wants to die,for like 15 or 20 seconds then it will idle fine,until i cut the car off and start it back up then it will try to cut off again unless i take the capp off of the vacume line on the back of the intake and have it sucking in air then it will idle fine,what could this be,i dont want to drive around with a vacume line disconected and sucking in air just so it will idle fine when i start it up,please help?

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

Posts: 2860 | From: Richmond / Valley jo/ Petaluma | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you running a pcv on the lower intake to the upper? Do you have the crankcase line from the oil filler tube to the throttle body? Sounds like you may not be venting your crankcase properly
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you are running heads and a cam you might be in need of an IAC adjustor plate as many cars need a touch more air past the throttle body with a cam.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phat50  Ford pictures for phat50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a iac adjuster,which way dose it go on,i have mine with the part number facing up,is that right?

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
drill an 1/8" hole in the throttle plate, works for me everytime! [patriot]

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Yes part # faces up. The way I always go about setting this is pretty straight forward. First thing you want to do is set your idle. Usually about 900-950 RPM. From there set your tps sensor to .95 volts. The IAC adjustor is than used to fine tune the throttle and idle. Doing all this makes for a perfect idle in most cases. If not than you might have other issues causing a problem.

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

phat50
¯
Member # 1998

i already put a hole in the throttle plate,and my tps volts are at .98,i adjusted the idle with the iac adjuster to about 1000 rpms and for some reason when i plug up all my vacume lines like there suppose to be,it will surge really bad and try to cut off unless i give it some gas for about 15 or 20 secondes then it will idle fine until i cut the car off and start it back up then it will do it all over again,what could it be?

--------------------
New toy coming soon!

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Could be many different things. I'd have to see the car

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com