Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Autometer Electric Water Temp Sender Q's..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Autometer Electric Water Temp Sender Q's..
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have an '88 302 engine that's missing the water temp sender to the gauge cluster. I'm planning on buying an AutoMeter Electic water temp gauge, and I was wondering if it's sender would fit in that hole (driver side on lower intake manifold). This hole is also next to the air intake temp sensor. I don't really care for the gauge's display (other than MPH) since everything else will be monitored by AM gauges.

Also, to double-check the sensor thats inside the heater-core tube assembly after the water pump outlet sends its signal to the computer right? The tube assembly I'm talking about is on the passenger side that mounts next to the fuel rails.

Thanks in advance.

[ May 08, 2004, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: 88DroptopGT ]

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes the autometer electric water temp sender can go in the stock location. I'm not sure what you are talking about with the other thing.
Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
Yes the autometer electric water temp sender can go in the stock location. I'm not sure what you are talking about with the other thing.

i second that [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks guys.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com