Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
saleenmomo89
¯
Member # 3251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleenmomo89  Ford pictures for saleenmomo89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just put shorter endlinks on my front stabalizer bar a few weeks ago,
my car has been getting some work done sence and while driving it home the stearing became amazingly unstable. I felt like the car was going to flip when i would change lanes,
after i got home, i found the endlinks were very loose, so i figured i just needed to tighten them, after doing so it still does the same thing,

keep in mind i just got 500lbs of soundsystem in the back seat, and i have the pro kit lowering springs.
PLease help [Frown]

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yikes makes you wonder who was out having fun in your car while it was at the shop. Loose endlinks shouldn't make the car feel like it is going to flip. I'd make sure to carefully look over the whole car before taking back out. Could be a serious issue with something

--------------------
R.I.P. Charlie Bruno Dec 2001

Posts: 2019 | From: Boise, Idaho | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
saleenmomo89
¯
Member # 3251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleenmomo89  Ford pictures for saleenmomo89    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it was actully a friend who owns and works at his own shop, hes not the driving type
mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtbaughs  Ford pictures for mtbaughs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hmm well that rules that out. Cars without a sway bar feel lose but I wouldn't say they feel like rolling over. You'll get a pretty good lean without the links tight. How does the tie rod ends look? Also the rack bushings and rack itself. Any play in the steering shaft?

--------------------

saleenmomo89
¯
Member # 3251

the tie rods look old, i see that the bushing on the swaybar "holders" are almost not there anymore.
saleenmomo89
¯
Member # 3251

it feels like when you turn the wheel at of 40 mph a little turn goes to far, and almost out of control, it almost floats
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you ever get it aligned correctly with the new CC plates [Confused]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you get the proper length end links when you replaced them? Check all your bushings up front.

--------------------
Support our troops!

saleenmomo89
¯
Member # 3251

after looking at the front suspension for hours i found that it was not that at all. I got my rims put on by Wheel Works, and they didnt torc down the rear right rim, it came lose, and was barley hanging on, it completley distroyed the rim, and now Wheel Works is trying to say its not their falt. Thanks for the Help Guys
devan

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it is their fault. i worked at wheel works and is their policy to always check each lug with a torque wrench. if all 5 were loose that fast, id venture that they were never even tight to begin with.

sue!!!

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

saleenmomo89
¯
Member # 3251

so,
what should i do

mtbaughs
Road Racer
Member # 4052

I didn't think that the endlinks would be that big of a deal. Thank god you found the problem at home and not at freeway speed. I'd walk in there and raise hell. Lug nuts don't just come lose no matter what they say. Stupid wheel works....not the first time I've heard this one from them. I mean this could have caused a major accident not to mention putting your life in harms way. And their response!!! That would leave me very red in the ass. They should cover the labor on your job and the wheel NO questions.... thats the least they could do...

--------------------

saleenmomo89
¯
Member # 3251

your right,
im going to talk to the supervisors boss on thursday,

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by mtbaughs:
They should cover the labor on your job and the wheel NO questions.... thats the least they could do...

Yep, THE LEAST! [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
id be pissed!!!!!!!!!!
[Mad]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if Jason knows their policy bring that up in your discussion so and they'll really get red in the face cause then they fucked up their own policy [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
saleenmomo89
¯
Member # 3251

good idea, ill try that
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Remember they do tell you to re-check the lugs after so many miles. Lugnuts do come loose, it's happened to my rims before, ones that I installed myslef. It ended up being that the lugnuts I was using for the rims I had on the car didn't fit right so they were backing out.

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com