Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » EFI 5.0 into a 66

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: EFI 5.0 into a 66
iv2jm
¯
Member # 2538

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iv2jm  Ford pictures for iv2jm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im putting a 91 motor in a 66 mustang, with a T5z...im thinkin i can just wire up everything directly from the computer, and ignore the rest...what you guys think? that means O2, TPS and mass air mainly...im not sure about the BAP, and i thinki can ignore the inertial switch.
also, what size are the stock fule lines, supply and return.

thanks for the help, im up for suggestions too...

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Read this link first

EFI Swap into an Early Mustang

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you want to do it, or do you want to do it right? Spend the $700 and buy a prebuilt harness specifically for an early model Mustang. You don't want to half-a$$ the electrical system on something like that.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
Joooestang66
¯
Member # 2828

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Joooestang66  Ford pictures for Joooestang66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Give Ron Morris a call and he'll set you up, www.ronmorrisperformance.com. No offence, but are you automotively inclined, or in other words, do you know what your'e getting into. An EFI swap is fairly easy if you know you're stuff. There is some fab work to be done, so keep that in mind.

--------------------
"Don't Drive Faster Than your Guardian Angel Can Fly..... Well My Guardian Angel Can Fly Pretty Fuc*ing Fast!!!"

iv2jm
¯
Member # 2538

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iv2jm  Ford pictures for iv2jm    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I basically got a donor motor, so everythings wired, i just need to supply power, an ignition switch, and extend the O2 pickups....it shouldnt be too bad and im very meticulous when it comes to wiring and such...so it should come out pretty good, as long as i use all the sensors i need.

and dont worry, im pretty capable, i already have a list of things to build, shock tower brace, monte carlo bar, panhard bar, and i have complete machine chop axcess including full CNC equipment....

Jimbo
¯
Member # 1456

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jimbo  Ford pictures for Jimbo  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most of the "custom harnesses" out there are simply modified Ford Racing harneses. If the stock harness is in good shape, use it. I HIGHLY reccomend getting Fords EFI wiring book(in the Ford Racing Catalog) its only $10 or so and is a fantastic resource, allot easier than looking at the tiny diagrams in a chiltons manual. I bought a few "eliminator" (EGR, TAB, TAD)parts from ron morris, his stuff is very good. Just finished my conversion a couple weeks ago, I LOVE it!

--------------------
1965 Mustang Coupe
EFI, 302ci, T-5, 3.70's.
Click for My Mustang Pics

Posts: 352 | From: Castro Valley,CA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
iv2jm
¯
Member # 2538

Im not certain what the TAB and TAD are...if you have some pics, thatd be awesome- your link isnt working. i planned on using the chilton, so thanks for teh wiring diagram info....

also, how did it all fit in your car with the T5. did you use a 5.0, or start with the 302 and just add the efi intake? my plan is all 5.0, bell housing, t5 and everything...and i havent dropped it all in at once yet....

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com