Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NX bottle heater problem???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NX bottle heater problem???
CustomFastbackCA
¯
Member # 1369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CustomFastbackCA  Ford pictures for CustomFastbackCA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys,

Ok so here's my kit. NX 20923 with Gen-X II upgrade. 10lb bottle, bottle heater, psi guage on bottle, blowdown tube, RPM activated window switch, WOT switch, and remote opener. My heater does work, it heats my bottle to just above 900, I'd say 930 or so, but it is suppossed to heat all the way up to 1050. It does this at night in real cold 39 degree weather and during the day at 55 degree weather. Anyone know what the problem? thanks

--------------------
www.CustomFastbackCA.com

1995 Dinan M3 Avus Blue Metallic
1967 GT Mustang Fastback (Eleanor)

Ask questions if you have'em, anyone who thinks they're too cool, know's it all, or doesn't want to look stupid has more problems than you.

Posts: 346 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jun 2002  |  :
CustomFastbackCA
¯
Member # 1369

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CustomFastbackCA  Ford pictures for CustomFastbackCA  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh yeah and this is on my 95' M3. I post here cause' no one knows shit about nitrous really on M3 sites in general.

-

--------------------
www.CustomFastbackCA.com

Ask questions if you have'em, anyone who thinks they're too cool, know's it all, or doesn't want to look stupid has more problems than you.

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there is no problem, It should only heat up to 950, anything above that is not a good thing. I have the same kit as you and my heater heats just up to that point also. 950 psi is perscribed, anything above that is considered dangerous because the N2O becomes unpredictable. If it heats up to 1050, you're asking for trouble [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
CustomFastbackCA
¯
Member # 1369

Anyone also know if you are always suppossed to see a white stream and not just hear the nitrous purging? I just went and drove it, used the nitrous and felt the pull, but then I purged a bunch of times and did not see the stream just heard the noise.

--------------------
www.CustomFastbackCA.com

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you should see a stream
the label on the bottle needs to be pointing up.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my stream usually depends on the temperature outside. usually the hoter the weather the better [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com