Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » rich with supercharger

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: rich with supercharger
Toolman
¯
Member # 3280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toolman  Ford pictures for Toolman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What would happen to your engine if you had a rich tune with your supercharger.. what would happen to your engine..

the problem is, my car is getting a supercharger put on soon, but my dyno tune is in march and im going to be driving around with a safe rich tune.. is it ok to play around with it..

--------------------
Stallions club member and street racer 02 Mustang GT..

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The problem is you don't know if you're rich at all RPM's with out a dyno tune. If you can honestly keep it under 3,500 RPM and don't detonate/ping until you get it tuned, the only draw back will be poor drivability.
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just installed my supercharger and used the factory recomended FMU disc and dailed in a safe setting on the BTM (Boost Timming Module)and my car runs great. No pinging or missing after I changed plugs. I set the timming were recomended and it rips. Just tune it safe with timming and fuel and you will be fine until your dyno tune

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its better to be rich then lean, you know what they say you can never have to much fuel with a blower but as soon as you dont [Eek!] just get a tune so you know your safe. i did. [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i wouldn't worry too much if your running rich unless it's really rich. Otherwise just wait for a tune [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com