Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What the hell is this????

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What the hell is this????
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am relocating my heater controls to where my radio was, and the radio where the heater controls are.... the big blue thing is in the way... anyone know what it is and what it does?? do i need it, can i unplug it, or do i need to move it?? thanks

it is a 1991 4 cylinder canadian LX if that matters..

-

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if i remember right all the blue boxes are air bag vibration sensors

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA of CA PERFORMANCE:
if i remember right all the blue boxes are air bag vibration sensors

any comfirmation on this???

--------------------

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
theres only one way to find out, but make sure your head isnt anywhere near the steering wheel. im not a fan of funerals

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i could just see someone smackin and pullin on one of those, hear a big bang, and watch em stumble out of the car with a bewildered look o their faces asking "WTF WAS THAT?!?!"

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraman_1994:
theres only one way to find out, but make sure your head isnt anywhere near the steering wheel. im not a fan of funerals

it couldnt still go off could it?? i already removed all the sensors under the hood [Confused] what can i put in place of my air bag in the wheel... no point of having that there, if it wont do anything????

--------------------

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
disconnect the air bag, get an after market steering wheel, and you'll have no problem. except for the blinking air bag light!

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

quote:
Originally posted by shiftylx:
disconnect the air bag, get an after market steering wheel, and you'll have no problem. except for the blinking air bag light!

i like the sleeper look [Big Grin] this place sells what i want so ill get this from them

--------------------

KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by zpyro35:
i could just see someone smackin and pullin on one of those, hear a big bang, and watch em stumble out of the car with a bewildered look o their faces asking "WTF WAS THAT?!?!"

OMG AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH THAT WAS SO FUNNY TO READ!!!!!!!!

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
cobraracer46
¯
Member # 1142

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraracer46  Ford pictures for cobraracer46    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The blue box is the air bag control modual, I know that for a fact. If you plan on keeping your air bag system working, It would be advisable not to modifiy the location of the modual or the wiring in any way. [Eek!]

--------------------
2001 SVT cobra convertible with a Viper T56, Fikse wheels, Griggs frame kit, roll bar, Vortech, 4:30 gears, brembo GT brakes and more.

Posts: 1172 | From: Woodside California | Registered: Apr 2002  |  :
J's90-LX
¯
Member # 2987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J's90-LX  Ford pictures for J's90-LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by zpyro35:

One of the tech's i used to work with told Dave and me stories about people doin deck installs and cuttin the wrong wire, BOOM! They were killed. So i would deffinatley wear a helmet haha.

--------------------
1999 Lightning
-4lb pulley,LFP intake,tune

PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rob if it has any plugs with YELLOW tape or loom you can unplug it but don't test any wires yellow loom or tape is what color they code airbag equip. with any car any year it will be yellow [patriot]

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just learned something new today [patriot] i was wondering to what that was

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my boy did that and he got the air bag light to go off all ask him how he did it.

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleNotch:
Rob if it has any plugs with YELLOW tape or loom you can unplug it but don't test any wires yellow loom or tape is what color they code airbag equip. with any car any year it will be yellow [patriot]

or the easy way to do it, just disconnet ur battery, then remove everything, then recconnet the battery when done

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA of CA PERFORMANCE:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleNotch:

or the easy way to do it, just disconnet ur battery, then remove everything, then recconnet the battery when done
Sometimes its the simplest things in life that get you through [Big Grin]

[ November 20, 2003, 10:50 AM: Message edited by: Jdub07 ]

Shok
¯
Member # 3174

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shok  Ford pictures for Shok    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
its my understanding that even with the battery disconnected it can still go off. it has capicitors or something to store some trigger voltage. i could be wrong but i've read this a few times.
Posts: 135 | From: salinas, california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Shok:
its my understanding that even with the battery disconnected it can still go off. it has capicitors or something to store some trigger voltage. i could be wrong but i've read this a few times.

If you have the battery disconnected for like 15-20 minutes than he'll be just fine [Cool]

--------------------
Support our troops!

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
quote:
Originally posted by Shok:

If you have the battery disconnected for like 15-20 minutes than he'll be just fine [Cool]
it has been disconnected for like 4-6 weeks [Mad]

--------------------

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you pull it out already?

--------------------
Support our troops!

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com