Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » A\C Removal

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: A\C Removal
90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LX  Ford pictures for 90LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If i remove all of my A\C stuff do I have to run a eliminator kit or is there a way to reroute the belt?
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well be sure that the ac dont got any pressure. (you probably already know that but use the march ac/delete kit, thats what i got, than ya gotta get a shorter belt [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
oh and you move the tension to the march ac/delete kit as you can see how i did it. [patriot]  -

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess it depends if your running your power steering and Smog pump.. if u are then yes.. u need some kinda a/c delet kit.. I deleted my smog pump and a/c . i have the FMS a/c delet kit and and moved my Power steering up where the A/C was.

-

[ November 04, 2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: WANARNM ]

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

quote:
Originally posted by WANARNM:
I guess it depends if your running your power steering and Smog pump.. if u are then yes.. u need some kinda a/c delet kit.. I deleted my smog pump and a/c . i have the FMS a/c delet kit and and moved my Power steering up where the A/C was.

-

hey is that the holley systemmax kit?

--------------------

WANARNM
¯
Member # 587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WANARNM  Ford pictures for WANARNM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No.. Its the holley systemax Intake..but not the kit.

--------------------
89’ Hatch. Completely stock.

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would get the FMS kit, I think a lot of people will agree it's a cleaner looking kit.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

onesicklx
¯
Member # 285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for onesicklx  Ford pictures for onesicklx  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 98slowhoe:
I would get the FMS kit, I think a lot of people will agree it's a cleaner looking kit.

i agree, i curently have the march and will be replacing it with the fms a/c delete kit...it looks way cleaner...
Posts: 1955 | From: san jose, CA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FMS AC delete all the way! [patriot]

-

--------------------
Support our troops!

166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Your radiator's crooked [Razz]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

street_illegal_stang
¯
Member # 1554

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for street_illegal_stang  Ford pictures for street_illegal_stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
or just save money and leave the a/c on there and run a 755k6 serpintine belt.with this belt you can bypass the powersteering and smog pump.
the a/c don't really rob power since its a clutch
unless you have it on
i gain about 2 tenths doing this at the track.

Posts: 1276 | From: Long Beach C.A | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think it's being removed for weight saving purposes not power [Razz]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LX  Ford pictures for 90LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am removing it because it has never worked since I have owned the car and it really dosent matter to me to have it work. I am doing it mainly for weight savings and to unclutter the engine bay. It looks like the FMS kit is the one to go with. Thanks for the info guys!
Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what u doing with the the pump and is it r12 or the other stuff? [Big Grin]

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90LX:
I am removing it because it has never worked since I have owned the car and it really dosent matter to me to have it work. I am doing it mainly for weight savings and to unclutter the engine bay. It looks like the FMS kit is the one to go with. Thanks for the info guys!

Good Choice! you will be a lot happier with the FMS then the March, plus the FMS is how they came stock with no A/C.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

90LX
¯
Member # 1487

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Oval:
what u doing with the the pump and is it r12 or the other stuff? [Big Grin]

I have no Idea if its the R12 or the other stuff. I would assume that it is the older crap. That is one of the other reasons why I want to take it it out. Its not worth it to me to convert it. I dont have any plans for the pump once I take it out. Do you want it?

[ November 06, 2003, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: 90LX ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com