Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What is the difference?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What is the difference?
Blacked-out-GT
¯
Member # 2544

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacked-out-GT  Ford pictures for Blacked-out-GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know that this is a stupid question but I have to ask. I am new to the world of performance and am slowly but surely learning from you guys but I must ask, what is the difference between a Cold Air intake and a Fuel Injection Performance Kit.I have a second generation (FIPK) and am debating if to put that on or to get an intake. They look the same to me but what do they do? [Confused]

Tim

--------------------
-built to run

Posts: 939 | From: Vacaville by way of Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it looks like the same thing to me, I just checked k&n's webpage.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
About the same difference between "super sized fries" and "jumbo sized fries" [Big Grin] If you want to save a few bucks, just get a stock replacement K&N and remove the air silencer. You won't notice anything on your butt dyno with a cold air kit.
UNLUCKIER
¯
Member # 435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for UNLUCKIER  Ford pictures for UNLUCKIER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[BS flag] And your a what kind of mechanic again? [Eek!] [Eek!]
Posts: 1023 | From: ODENTON MD | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Blacked-out-GT
¯
Member # 2544

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacked-out-GT  Ford pictures for Blacked-out-GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TRUST:
[BS flag] And your a what kind of mechanic again? [Eek!] [Eek!]

Last time I checked, the FIPK or Cold Air Intake mod weren't offered on C-5s. [patriot]

--------------------
-built to run

Posts: 939 | From: Vacaville by way of Texas | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Toolman
¯
Member # 3280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toolman  Ford pictures for Toolman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the filter is a good mod.. I like mine..

--------------------
Stallions club member and street racer 02 Mustang GT..

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com