Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Anybody know about diesels?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody know about diesels?
ilikefastcars
¯
Member # 3479

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for ilikefastcars  Ford pictures for ilikefastcars    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My friend Frank has a 94 Power Stroke 1 ton 4x4. It already has the Banks Power Pack system, engine brake, and Nitrous Express kit. [Eek!] He put in a heavy duty 5 speed stick. This is easily the fastest diesel I've ever ridden in and I haven't ridden in it with a 250 shot of nitrous. [Eek!] He put in a 5 inch exhaust system and now he wants to put in bigger turbos. We've both been searching the net but can't find a vendor that sells larger turbos for Power Stroke engines. Does anyone know of a vendor that might have something like this? Either a web address or phone number would be great. You can either post a reply here or email Frank at ChevroletMechanic@hotmail.com We both drive Fords but work at Chevy dealerships. Cool huh? BTW I [worship] [worship] [worship] this truck. I mean damn. I didn't even know you could put nitrous on a diesel before he did it a year ago. He's only had the thing two years and it's his baby. Plus it has 5 inches of lift, 40 inch tires, axles are Dana 60's front and rear geared to 6. something. I helped out where I could. Ok I'm officially rambling. Time for me to get back to work.
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Use a bus turbo.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thought you put propane on diesels and nitrous on gasoline motors? I'm sure Garret manufactures a turbo that would work. good luck!

--------------------
1984 Ford Tempo AOD--- RIP

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-:
I thought you put propane on diesels and nitrous on gasoline motors? I'm sure Garret manufactures a turbo that would work. good luck!

that's what i've heard propane on diesel rigs. Their has been a few at Sac. Raceway running propane.
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-:

on the same turbo diesle motor, u can run nitrous and propane at the same time, i wouldnt run propane and a 250 shot, thats a little excessive, but diesles are built so strong and are much less prone to detonation

call gale banks, they can give him anything he wants in regards to a turbo, they dont sell an off the shelf kit but my powdercoater has a cummins with over 800rwhp and 1000rwtq, and hes takin the truck back to banks because he wants more, shit he can already to 6 wheel drive burnouts with 38's (dually), hes puchin 60psi and propane

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

7.3L White Whale
¯
Member # 1848

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7.3L White Whale  Ford pictures for 7.3L White Whale    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Banks sells a larger housing and turbine in the power pack kit fyi.

--------------------
444 cubic inches and a 105mm turbo.

2001 gt.... sold

02 wrx... shits in the works

ilikefastcars
¯
Member # 3479

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilikefastcars  Ford pictures for ilikefastcars    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I checked out Garrett and their turbos put out up to 40psi. That sounds like a lot to me considering all the other stuff that's been done to this engine. I'll see what he says. I'm not sure what came in the Banks kit but he likes it and wants more power. Like monster turbos and a big honkin intercooler. Personally I think that after the huge turbos the next time he makes a high boost with nitrous run at the mud bogs or race track he's gonna blow himself up. But he's a mechanic and I'm a service writer so I'll defer to his judgement. Next time any of you are in OKC I'll get him to show you this truck. Theres something about hearing that diesel idle and looking in the bed and seeing 4 nitrous bottles mounted under the tool box. [Eek!] You have to stand on the bumper though, this thing is sky high. I wish I had a truck like that. [Frown] So jealous.
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you want a bus turbo, I can hook it up as well.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ilikefastcars:
I checked out Garrett and their turbos put out up to 40psi. That sounds like a lot to me considering all the other stuff that's been done to this engine. I'll see what he says. I'm not sure what came in the Banks kit but he likes it and wants more power. Like monster turbos and a big honkin intercooler. Personally I think that after the huge turbos the next time he makes a high boost with nitrous run at the mud bogs or race track he's gonna blow himself up. But he's a mechanic and I'm a service writer so I'll defer to his judgement. Next time any of you are in OKC I'll get him to show you this truck. Theres something about hearing that diesel idle and looking in the bed and seeing 4 nitrous bottles mounted under the tool box. [Eek!] You have to stand on the bumper though, this thing is sky high. I wish I had a truck like that. [Frown] So jealous.

i am gonna call a [BS flag] on this guy....

where are the pics at bubba [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

ilikefastcars
¯
Member # 3479

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilikefastcars  Ford pictures for ilikefastcars    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
UM, before you pull out the BS flag how about you email the guy.
4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ilikefastcars:
UM, before you pull out the BS flag how about you email the guy.

Um, i can tell you i have a 3 second dragster over email [Roll Eyes]

pics on the other hand, you either can produce them, or you can scour the internet looking for some. [Razz]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

ilikefastcars
¯
Member # 3479

So email Frank and ask him to send you the pics. I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige. I just wanted to know who sells turbos for this truck. Why are you trying to cause trouble?
2NSANE
¯
Member # 2644

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2NSANE  Ford pictures for 2NSANE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look at this web site http://www.bd-vfi.com
Then call Tim at 541-888-4660 and he will set you up. what ever your deisle heart desires, 40lbs boost why not 60 he can do it for you.

PSYCHORAM
¯
Member # 2000

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PSYCHORAM  Ford pictures for PSYCHORAM  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got your turbo's, on the powerstroke you have to change a few things so they fit, there are very few that just bolt on, none will give you what you want. Remember more boost don't mean more power, unless it comes with more air flow (cfm). And as always in a diesel you have to add more fuel to make more power. Email me jscharosch@comcast.net if you are serious about switching the turbo out to discuss your options.

--------------------
13.0@106mph
'95 2500 Ram, Diesel
~Can you make 7,000lbs go 13's?~

ilikefastcars
¯
Member # 3479

OK, I called Frank and gave him the info. He doesn't have email at work so it'll probably be tonight when he contacts you. PrimerGR40 can you give me a email address I can send to Frank concerning your bus turbo? Thanks so much for all the assistance.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com