Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » through the floor subframes

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: through the floor subframes
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
through the floor subframes does anybody have them and did you make them at home ir buy them and also if anybody has any links or pics or directions how to do them it would be helpful
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a link to a guy from the rrax-mustang group who has done internal SFC's. Not a project for the faint of heart.

http://people.ucsc.edu/~kbrandt/mustang/InternalSFC.shtml

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
are those better then regular sfc?

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They're supposedly better, but it seems to me cutting through the floorboards is somewhat counterproductive.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by wilit:
They're supposedly better, but it seems to me cutting through the floorboards is somewhat counterproductive.

Yeah, that seems pretty crazy, cutting a hole in the floor pan like that guy did....

The Maximum Motorsport sub-frame connectors that I put on my Mustang worked pretty well...I dont think it would be worth it to me to tear up/cut the carpet to install the "in car" sub frame connectors(with the exception of a full race car)...Although I'm sure they work great, you would definately gain a lot more ground clearance...However I think it would weaken the floor pan, especially cutting through the main cross support...I think it would be better just to notch the cross supports and not cut the floor pan at all...
[patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
88gt
Custom
Member # 579

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88gt  Ford pictures for 88gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=fde19ac432c5fd112baa9af675d94f5e&threadid=360112
Posts: 1482 | From: Santa Clara/Bay area | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 88gt:
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=fde19ac432c5fd112baa9af675d94f5e&threadid=360112

yea im the same sac 5.0 in that thread also just like the first couple of pictures that is what i was talking about if anybody local has done it and if i could see it in person i dont want to cut up the whole floor board if you know what i mean
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have em on my car. They are hands down the best subframes. Unless you are a very experienced welder I wouldn't attempt to put em in. There are a few photos here= http://photos.yahoo.com/ericw311

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com