Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » front end swap

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: front end swap
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what parts do i need for this on my 86? i had a list from norcalbmxer, but i lost it [Frown]
bumper
bumper support
head light harness
headlights
?????
?????
?????
[Confused]

oh, and do i need anything for the 87-93 dash swap other then the dash?

--------------------
86 GT

Posts: 4882 | From: eldorado hills | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
keep it original!!! especially the dash, the 86 dash is way nicer and a lot more customizable.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cobraman_1994  Ford pictures for cobraman_1994    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
no, i dont like it compared to the 87-93's.
and i already have the dash and front end off the50ho's old car [Big Grin]

--------------------
86 GT

chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
can i have what you take off. i might be buying my roommates 85 which needs a WHOLE lot of things replaced.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

you cant have the front end, its messed up. it fell off the jackstands on me and the stands messed up the front. i was going to keep it, but ow im just going to toss it. its beyond repair [Frown]
as for the dash, its yours. [patriot]

--------------------
86 GT

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cobraman_1994:
it fell off the jackstands on me

LOL damn I am glad that's never happened to me!

--------------------
Support our troops!

cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

quote:
Originally posted by 91sleeper:
quote:
it fell off the jackstands on me

LOL damn I am glad that's never happened to me!
lol, yeah its not fun. the fuel tank smacked me in the face. but it could have been worse. if i was under the front id be messed up pretty bad [Eek!]

--------------------
86 GT

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

LET THAT SHIT LIVE ON! [patriot]

--------------------
Motorcycles and airplanes. Might be time to get back in the Mustang game.

Posts: 4057 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
cobraman_1994
¯
Member # 467

quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
quote:

[Big Grin]
do you have the paint from the dash? there are a few places that i need to hit before i start to assemble everything [patriot]

--------------------
86 GT

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If chosen1 doesnt take that dash, I will. My 86 has a bunch of holes in the dash. [Frown]

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

the50ho
THE50HO
Member # 73

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for the50ho  Ford pictures for the50ho    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the50ho:
quote:

[Big Grin]
do you have the paint from the dash? there are a few places that i need to hit before i start to assemble everything [patriot]

I dont have the same stuff anymore, but I do have some new products I'd like to try. Bring the dash down the hill, or I'll come up that way, and I'll hook you up!

--------------------
Motorcycles and airplanes. Might be time to get back in the Mustang game.

Posts: 4057 | From: Roseville, Ca (Sacramento) | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com