Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Finally got my heads (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Finally got my heads
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well they are here and the car will run very soon [Big Grin] . Here is some flow numbers for you guys
At .550 they flowed 229.9 on the exhaust and 298.5 on the intake side. At .600 they flowed 236.6 on the exhaust and 302.8 on the intake [Eek!] [Eek!] . They are the TEA specail's [Big Grin] 185cc

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So, are you gonna change your user name to 1FASTLX?... [Big Grin]

What cam and intake are you using?

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you going to have them flowed locally to verify the numbers?

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No if they flow close to that I am happy. They look good and I will be using the holley intake lower port matched to the heads and the cam is a Tea custom I believe it is 240-244 duration and 292 to 298 and 545 lift I think have to check

--------------------

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

for the screen name no I like that name I want that on my plates

--------------------

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
[Whoo Whooooo!] the 4 wide race is getting closer [Big Grin]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

HA HA HA HA Tell you cusion John lets see if the 351 can keep up [Big Grin]

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, sounds like great numbers [worship]
chosen1
¯
Member # 1906

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for chosen1  Ford pictures for chosen1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1SLOWLX:
HA HA HA HA Tell you cusion John lets see if the 351 can keep up [Big Grin]

My 351 is done and pray you can keep up.

--------------------
1967 Fastback. Should go 10's -but doesn't
1993 Cobra
2003 Suzuki SVS
1966 Coupe -For Sale

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

I am hoping for this motor to run in the mid to low 11's NA [Eek!]

--------------------

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:

Flow numbers Shmo numbers!!

Different machines, weather, what you had for breakfast, and where the moon is aligned to Mars changes the "all mighty" flow numbers anyway. Just run the shit out of them and have fun!!

That's when you know you have a good head porter or like most a hack!

Eric

--------------------
I like cars.

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by yellow67stang:
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:

Flow numbers Shmo numbers!!

Different machines, weather, what you had for breakfast, and where the moon is aligned to Mars changes the "all mighty" flow numbers anyway. Just run the shit out of them and have fun!!

That's when you know you have a good head porter or like most a hack!

Eric

I like to see 3rd-party number due to marketing "hype".

All that really counts is what is runs at the track though. [burnout]

--------------------

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Amen, to that!!! There is WAY too much hype about numbers when it comes to cylinder heads.

But, to many variables to get accurate numbers when you compare bench to bench.

Eric

[ September 19, 2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: yellow67stang ]

--------------------
I like cars.

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet, what stage porting did you go with? I have those heads to, mine have a stage 3 and looked awsome, those guys at TEA know their sh*t! [worship]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a guy with more motor than me tonight on the bottle. He was suprised as all hell when I passed him after he was out 2 cars on me in first gear. Once I get my Slicks and a tune for the 150 shot I'll be ready for that 4 wide race. I just got a nice bit of income so I should be getting a new HCI combo by next summer myself. I'm looking into an X cam with ported AFR 165's and a ported Edelbrock RPM 2 manifold. I know I'll be able to play around with you guyss after that [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

The heads are on the car now, the headers are bolted up, all the front shit is on, the lower intake is on, the valves are adjusted, the valve covers are on. all that is left is the upper intake and the dist to put back on and the car is going to run real soon [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

PICS!

--------------------

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

I will soon have some I hope haven't taken any since the car isn't at my house

--------------------

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So give us a detailed run down of your combo...
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

347 I think it is going to be 10 to one because I don't think they milled the heads. Tea fully ported heads, holley intake, tea custom cam, 75mm throttle body anderson na power pipe, 80mm mass air, 30lb injectors, 1 3/4 bbk lontubes with 2 1/2 inch exhaust, all the msd you can think of, aeromotive full fuel system, pullies, electric fans, and a bunch of other things. The goal for this combo is mid to low 11's on the motor since it was built for NA

--------------------

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You shouldnt have a problem hittin those times with even DR's and that combo [Big Grin]

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

It runs. It finally runs now it is time to get the damn thing broken in and to the dyno

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrads on getting your heads

Wish mine where done though [Frown]

[ September 26, 2003, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Yellow94GT ]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

I had to wait a shit load of time and my car wasn't sitting at home and now it is back to where it belongs. I can't wait to break her in and start driving it a lot more [Big Grin]

--------------------

PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome...takin it out tomorrow night?

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com