Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » What tires should I use

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What tires should I use
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thinking about running some Hoosier Quick Time D.O.T's. Has anyone ever ran these before. If so I'm going sell my R's and get some Weld's with these bad boys on them.

Also what do you guys think is more valuable to me right now. I dyno tune or the sticky tires. I'm having trouble keeping traction but I think my car has more power than is offering right now too. I only have enough cash for one or the other so which one do you guyd think I should get??? [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's the point of more power if you can't use what you have now?
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
True that but what do you think of those Hoosier's are they worth the money or are the just glorified drag radials that won't last me that long [Confused]

--------------------

-Me

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DropTopFox:
True that but what do you think of those Hoosier's are they worth the money or are the just glorified drag radials that won't last me that long [Confused]

They are worth it. Even better than the ET streets from what I hear. Talk to lil gray or chris m about em.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Primer GR40:
quote:

They are worth it. Even better than the ET streets from what I hear. Talk to lil gray or chris m about em.
that is what i got i say they are awesome [worship]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

1SLOWLX
¯
Member # 558

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SLOWLX  Ford pictures for 1SLOWLX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dyno tune

--------------------
Built Tuff with your stuff ;)

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go with the et streets i have a set on my car and have had no traction issues even with 6800 rpm launches

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

mustanggt5091
All I need is.....
Member # 444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustanggt5091  Ford pictures for mustanggt5091    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got some hoosier DOT tires on my car, dont know if they are the same but they look great, solid slick with 2 lines on one side!

--------------------
88 GT 357w (SOLD):(
06 Limited Edition R6 !!!!!

Posts: 2353 | From: Fairfield / Santa Rosa , Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What's the combo you're considering dyno tuning? If its all motor, then get the tires for sure. If you'll only use these tires at the race track--- just get slicks instead. Don't fear real slicks [patriot]
cegan
¯
Member # 3185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cegan  Ford pictures for cegan    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Who lunches @ 6800 RPM with stock 89 Saleen, in your dreams, everyone put on the boots the BS is coming
Posts: 70 | From: Santa Rosa, Union City | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

The DOT's are the ones that actually have tread on the whole tire. I figured these cause I was just going to leave them on the car all the time and in the rare event that I might get caught out in the rain at least I'd have some treadt to not have to worry about. I can't afford the Weld's brand new for just the track though. To be able to afford it all brand new I'm going to have to sell the R's that are on the car right now. Say I drive the car twice a week with the occaissional trip to Sac once a month or less and the occassional street race maybe once or twice a week. Do you think the tires will at least last me until next summer or should I get some Nitto DR's and hope those last [Confused]

--------------------

-Me

DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Alright so after talking to SUmmit and Hanlon tire it looks like I should be ok with some 15x8 Weld's in the rear with a Hoosier 275/50/15 Quick Time DOT and some 15x7 or 15x6 Weld's up front with some cheap ass tires up front hanlon is hooking me up with for $70 a piece mounted. All in all will probably run my about $1200for some brand new stuff. Hopefully I'll get a nice respectable time at the track. [burnout]

--------------------

-Me

BOUNTY HUNTER VERT
¯
Member # 2754

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT  Ford pictures for BOUNTY HUNTER VERT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont be a wuss get the 15/3.5s the front tires are only 25 bucks then

--------------------
89 Saleen vert Bounty Hunter racing

http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1324&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

Its all stock and slow wanna run.

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Alright so after talking to SUmmit and Hanlon tire it looks like I should be ok with some 15x8 Weld's in the rear with a Hoosier 275/50/15 Quick Time DOT and some 15x7 or 15x6 Weld's up front with some cheap ass tires up front hanlon is hooking me up with for $70 a piece mounted. All in all will probably run my about $1200for some brand new stuff. Hopefully I'll get a nice respectable time at the track. [burnout]

do you talk with dave over there?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Yeah my family has been going there for a long time [patriot]

--------------------

-Me

MR GO FAST
¯
Member # 2088

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MR GO FAST  Ford pictures for MR GO FAST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Yeah my family has been going there for a long time [patriot]

have you talk with him about mickey t's?

--------------------
1986 Gt that is faster than FOSTANGS pinto

Posts: 3729 | From: ATWATER/SANJO/RWC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com