Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Any Advice Would Help Now

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any Advice Would Help Now
Saint
¯
Member # 2746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saint  Ford pictures for Saint    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When i start my car is starts and dies. i can start it and rev it and it will stay running and i can sorta drive it but it surges intell like 30+ than it dirves ok but feels like it has no power. i chagned the fuel filter didnt help. looked for vac leaks didnt find any. chagned the pcv vavle didnt work. cleaned the iab didnt work. so after all that i changed my whole upper intake with a working one and that didnt hlep either so i chagned my injectors and sensors and that didnt help either. so now im at a lost of what to do. any advice would be every helpful. thanks
91 5.0
¯
Member # 1527

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91 5.0  Ford pictures for 91 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Youre pissin me off Saint. WTF is wrong with your car?????? You need to get that shit out of my driveway and clean my garage so I can start workin on my car again!

--------------------
02 GT - Zinc Yellow
91 5.0 LX - Red

Posts: 1316 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2002  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like you need to hook up a scanner

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Saint
¯
Member # 2746

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saint  Ford pictures for Saint    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WEll fix that shit than. Also i chagned the fuel pressure reg and fuel rails.
92coupe
¯
Member # 1957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92coupe  Ford pictures for 92coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you know something weird, chris's car (who you bought the blower from) acted like that. we could never find anything wrong with it other than the voltage was to high. so we adjusted it but still acted the same why. i have a multi-meter if you want to check the voltage. did you pull the codes?

--------------------
94-GT BLOWN & STROKED

Saint
¯
Member # 2746

did he replace his fuel pump? its the only thing i can think of thats bad that i ahvent replaced
67aquafastback
¯
Member # 3090

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 67aquafastback  Ford pictures for 67aquafastback    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dam have you ever heard of diag. Its what you do to find the cause of a problem. What the hell is up with all the guess work. The time you have spent and money wasted on guessing on parts you could have figured it out in a hour or so. Check spark check fuel and pressure. there is proper steps to take in figuring out your problem take somee time and think smart don't work hard.

--------------------
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/dougs289/lst?.dir=/house&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/

PumaFiveOh
¯
Member # 2322

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for PumaFiveOh  Ford pictures for PumaFiveOh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Another thing to always keep in mind is ECU. I had friends car where we changed EVERYTHING and nothing fixed his problem, and after doing tons of work we discovered it was a bad ECU the whole time. Easy way to check is take one off your buddies car and slap it in to see if that helps.

--------------------
"Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!"

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
-Patton

Saint
¯
Member # 2746

well i pulled the codes and got 96. does any one know where the Fuel pump secondary circuit is?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Code 96 is nothing. Unplug your battery for a second and plug it back in to clear it. Chances are it won't come back. You really need to check the codes with the engine running.

Check your EGR vavle, make sure its not stuck open.

Check your MAF. Try swapping it with another 5.O.

Gear Head
JARED
Member # 779

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gear Head  Ford pictures for Gear Head    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 67aquafastback:
Dam have you ever heard of diag. Its what you do to find the cause of a problem. What the hell is up with all the guess work. The time you have spent and money wasted on guessing on parts you could have figured it out in a hour or so. Check spark check fuel and pressure. there is proper steps to take in figuring out your problem take somee time and think smart don't work hard.

Why are you such a dick Mr.Know it all? Everyone isnt as smart as your dealer tech knowledge. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Support our troops!

Saint
¯
Member # 2746

quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Code 96 is nothing. Unplug your battery for a second and plug it back in to clear it. Chances are it won't come back. You really need to check the codes with the engine running.

Check your EGR vavle, make sure its not stuck open.

Check your MAF. Try swapping it with another 5.O.

I did that all ready. i put my stock #19 injectors and maf air meter for them and it didnt help. and for the egr vavle i chagned my whole upper intake. Does anyone know where the Fuel pump secondary circuit is at?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know where it is, but I'm telling you, its a BS code. Ignore it if your fuel pump turns on every time.
Saint
¯
Member # 2746

Welp i found my problem today. When i checked my fuel pump i thought it was stillg ood cuase it turned on. it was the firsdt damn thing i checked too! Well today i hooked up a fuel pessure guages to find out i only got 11 psi of fuel pessure.
biggmatt
¯
Member # 1124

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for biggmatt  Ford pictures for biggmatt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dumbass!!
94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by big matt:
dumbass!!

thats not very nice.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Blue Oval
¯
Member # 2548

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Oval  Ford pictures for Blue Oval    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ur right thats not, prety immature if i say so myself.some people...

--------------------
65 Coupe 306, AFR's
89 Cali. Ed. Saleen "sold"
BAB 89 GT
08 Yamaha R6

Posts: 2345 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com