Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Daily driving supercharged car?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Daily driving supercharged car?
90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LX  Ford pictures for 90LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 306 with ported edelbrock performer heads, e303 cam ,ported edelbrock performer manifold, 30lbs injectors with matching pro m 70mm thorttle body. I want to put a votech s trim on. My car is my daily driver and I was wondering if that will be compremised with the blower.Also it is a 5 speed with 3:55 gears. I will most likley change to a custom grind cam to suit the s trim and bigger injectors. I dont mind fuel mileage as I do the the way it drives in traffic. oh yeah I think I want to run the s trim at 9 psi.
thanks for any info. [patriot]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just get a $500 beater for a daily driver then feel free to do whatever you want to your stang with no worries involved. Personally I don't see anything wrong with your mustang remaining a daily driver by getting the s trim, you sure would get to work allot faster [Big Grin]
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i was running stock ported heads and intake with an e cam and 8psi charger, drove it for about a month before i sold it, the car ran just fine in traffic, and it wasnt even tuned, i would say it would be a just fine daily driver, just get it tuned and find a gas station that has a hot girl workin there because u will be there alot [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to drive a supercharged cobra with 4.30's.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

4RS FED
¯
Member # 2067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4RS FED  Ford pictures for 4RS FED  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by i dunno:

used to [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
i have a twin turbo mustang and you don't!

90LX
¯
Member # 1487

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90LX  Ford pictures for 90LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats what I thought. Thanks for the info. What kinda of numbers do you think that combo will make?
Primer GR40
¯
Member # 476

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Primer GR40  Ford pictures for Primer GR40  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ON N2O:
quote:
Originally posted by i dunno:

used to [Roll Eyes]
I would daily drive it, but its hard to get in/out of my garage and its much nicer to take a pickup to the beach with boards in the back.

--------------------
Superdupercharged Cobra
No Transmatic Notch

LAST302
¯
Member # 808

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LAST302  Ford pictures for LAST302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it is tuned right you should have no problems. You could make anywhere up around 400+rwhp. Be sure to upgrade that fuel system though, get a tune, and be sure your cooling system is tip-top [patriot]
Posts: 1147 | From: Disco Bay | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
PurpleNotch
CAFords OG
Member # 2902

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PurpleNotch  Ford pictures for PurpleNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey 90 lx whatis your comp. ?

--------------------
**The creator of the infamous purplenotch**

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/m5lp_0508_1988_ford_mustang_lx/index.html

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My 93 is daily-driven, has 3.55's....and 10 psi! [burnout]

Not a single problem out of it, just stay outta the boooooooosssst and you'll pass at least one gas station on road trips.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
90LX
¯
Member # 1487

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleNotch:
Hey 90 lx whatis your comp. ?

I havent had the motor built yet. So I dont know as of yet. I was going to build a NO2 motor but some other things could be happening. From the combo above is there anything that will be a bottle neck or limit the potential of that blower.
What injectors should I use?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com